Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

determined09

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
Hi Everyone,

Every few days I get a notification that an iOS 10 is available for update but I want to keep iOS 9 on my iPhone 6 as long as possible. Is there any way to turn off this notification? Thank you

P.S. I don't want iOS because of the problems that some other people are experiencing.

mantan

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2009
DFW
Just delete the download from your storage. After that it should only download when you are connected to iTunes.

determined09

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
I just got off the phone with Apple.

They told me to go to Setting, then notifications, then to the App Store, then go to Allow Notificaion then turn that option off.
:D Thank you Apple! I don't want to download iOS 10 on my iPhone 6 because I'm scared that it may cause me some problems with the Verizon network that is my carrier.

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Mar 4, 2003

They told me to go to Setting, then notifications, then to the App Store, then Allow Notificaion then turn that option off.
:D Thank you Apple! I don't want to download iOS 10 on my iPhone 6 because I'm scared that it may cause me some problems with the Verizon network that is my carrier.
Thanks for this. Those notifications drive me crazy...

"Alright, alright, I'll get to it when I get to it..."

Reactions: determined09

stevemiller

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008

They told me to go to Setting, then notifications, then to the App Store, then go to Allow Notificaion then turn that option off.

curious to hear if that helps. i would have thought their OS updates did not fall under app store settings.

Reactions: pacorob

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
There is a solution using tvOS beta profile to block OS update check. I believe tvOS and iOS are the same under the hood, just different user interface.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014

Thanks. I don't want that OS on my iPad mini. It is tolerable on my iPhone but I especially do not want to lose swipe to unlock on my mini.

aced411

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2007
There is a solution using tvOS beta profile to block OS update check. I believe tvOS and iOS are the same under the hood, just different user interface.

I did this, it is super simple and easy to reverse. No more upgrade nagging.

maxsix

Suspended
Jun 28, 2015
Western Hemisphere
Hi Everyone,

Every few days I get a notification that an iOS 10 is available for update but I want to keep iOS 9 on my iPhone 6 as long as possible. Is there any way to turn off this notification? Thank you

P.S. I don't want iOS because of the problems that some other people are experiencing.
Apple is obsessed with cramming updates down our throats.

Bragging rights about how many have "adopted" the latest are crucial to Apples psychological health.

It's a bizarre environment in AppleLand.

Floris

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2007
Netherlands
Well, you can geek out and update your router where you get your wifi from to null-route

mesu.apple.com
and
appldnld.apple.com

(if it is still those domains that is since iOS8->iOS9)

Obviously affects your other devices too though.

Optionally, when you are on cellular data it won't ask. It tries again when you hit wifi (for the download).

Reactions: determined09
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.