iOS 10 video playback speed

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by FalconNine, Oct 30, 2016.

1. FalconNine macrumors newbie

So far im loving the iPad Pro as a computer replacement for university/college - have thus far found no need to use my laptop. However today I have run into a dilemma which I had not anticipated at all, and has me stumped!

I often watch recorded lectures from my uni, but the lecturers speak slow enough that I have always played the lecture with VLC and sped the playback to 1.5x or even 2x. Today I couldn't figure out how to do that with the iPad Pro - is there something I'm missing? It is such a simple (and for some, essential) tool - surely there is a way to do it with the iPad Pro?

Thanks for the help!

2. Cascades42 macrumors 6502

Personally I load the videos into VLC and use the playback options on my lectures - but you're right, it's not available in the native iOS videos app

3. FalconNine thread starter macrumors newbie

How do you load them into VLC? I can't find a way to play the MP4 in anything other than the built-in player.

4. Cascades42 macrumors 6502

Usually I go to the iPad in iTunes, apps, scroll down, select VLC, and then drag the files in.

5. FalconNine thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh so you need to use a desktop computer to import the videos into VLC?

6. Cascades42 macrumors 6502

Well if I have them in a document manager on the iPad (I use GoodReader), then I open in and select VLC.

7. beernut macrumors 6502

Can you add them into iMovie (on the iPad)? If you can, then you can change playback speed at .25x intervals