Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

imagineadam

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2011
What is this home button stutter people speak of? Does anyone have a video comparison to iOS 10
You can clearly see that on iOS 10.3.3 the close animation is already pretty much finished closing by the time the animation to close begins on iOS 11. Night and day difference to the feel.

I should mention this is on devices that have the capacitive button. They changed the timing to match phones with the physical button it seems. So if you never have had an iPhone 7 on iOS 10 you probably won't notice a difference or if you have always had a physical home button iphone or went straight to an 8 from one.

At this point it feels like a design uniformity choose across all iOS devices for the timing of the home button. I and many don't like this change as it was faster before in iOS 10 for the iPhone 7.

Last edited:

dearfriendx

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2011
San Diego, CA
11.0.1 messed up my battery badly. Battery was pretty solid since the last few betas and 11.0 was solid too.
Hoping it goes away. Unplugged my phone this morning around 9am and by 11 when I updated it was down to 43%

marvz

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2012
Berlin
You can clearly see that on iOS 10.3.3 the close animation is already pretty much finished closing by the time the animation to close begins on iOS 11. Night and day difference to the feel.

I should mention this is on devices that have the capacitive button. They changed the timing to match phones with the physical button it seems. So if you never have had an iPhone 7 on iOS 10 you probably won't notice a difference or if you have always had a physical home button iphone or went straight to an 8 from one.

At this point it feels like a design uniformity choose across all iOS devices for the timing of the home button. I and many don't like this change as it was faster before in iOS 10 for the iPhone 7.
It's not about timing or whatever it is just a new animation.

dan9700

Suspended
May 28, 2015
Well done apple 11.0.2 is slower home button delay than 11.0.1 this is awful even 11.1 is bad

imagineadam

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2011
It's not about timing or whatever it is just a new animation.
Oh but it is all about timing! If you watch the iPhone 6S comparison with iOS 11 vs 10.3.3 the iPhone on iOS 11 actually closes the app faster than iOS 10 because of its new faster animation and it starts at the same time! For whatever reason they introduced a slight delay to the capacitive home buttons under iOS 11.

:confused: I know weird huh? Why can't the iPhone 7 and 8 have the faster timing that we were used to on iOS 10 combined with the new faster iOS 11 animation and we'd all be happy? It would be faster than 10.3.3 if they started at the same time. Instead they delayed the timing to match physical home buttons. I don't know why. But it's a bummer. So we all have phones that perform the same with closing apps as the physical button iPhones now on iOS 11. But not me I'm sticking to 10.3.3 with my 7. :D

Last edited:

zz_nosa_r

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2015
Hell
@dreadlord, you are over writing the wiki mate. I added some and you deleted it. My issue was not fix about burst photos / shots .... Is yours fixed?

realpras

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2013
Can someone confirm that you cannot turn the toggle off for the last app on iMessage?

In my case it's YouTube, but it can be anything. That green toggle cannot be turned off.

Attachments

• IMG_4671.jpeg
    IMG_4671.jpeg
    72.7 KB · Views: 273

dreadlord

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2016
@dreadlord, you are over writing the wiki mate. I added some and you deleted it. My issue was not fix about burst photos / shots .... Is yours fixed?

It is accidentally :) Probably I try to edit before you save, then I saved after you saved, that's why I did override the info you've provided.

Chazzle

macrumors 68020
Jul 17, 2015
Can someone confirm that you cannot turn the toggle off for the last app on iMessage?

In my case it's YouTube, but it can be anything. That green toggle cannot be turned off.

I'm on 11.0.2
I’ve found that you need to rotate your device into landscape in order to turn off the last one. Had that issue all through the betas up to 11.1.

Last edited by a moderator:

realpras

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2013
I’ve found that you need to rotate your device into landscape in order to turn off the last one. Had that issue all through the betas up to 11.1.

Thanks, Chazzle but landscape also didn't help for me.

But I found a way to remove it: swipe left on the app you want to remove, without going to the Edit section, and it will give you a Delete option.

Reactions: Chazzle

realpras

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2013
Same here :)
I found a way to remove it.

First, tap on More (the three grey dots), then make sure the app is not included as favourites and don't go to Edit section. Swipe left on the app you want to remove, and it will give you the option to delete! :)

fawkes81

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2017
Guys my battery is draining like hell. I think, i will uptade with dfu mode again. Whats goin on your device?

blairian89

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2016
Texas
I'm updating through iTunes now. Let's see how bad this gets LOL. I never have any of the issues that everyone complains about...battery life has been amazing as has been the overall experience.

Fast Charging has been amazing.
[doublepost=1507072763][/doublepost]For what it's worth, is it better to update through iTunes or OTA?

Reactions: CreamEggBear

Agent2015

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2015
Sonoran Desert
Installed iOS 11.0.2 on my iPhone 6. Smooth OTA install, excellent performance considering its an iPhone 6. Battery life is looking very good at this point with no unusual battery drain but I won't have real results until tomorrow. I would recommend iOS 11.0.2 for all iPhone 6 users.
[doublepost=1507073867][/doublepost]
I'm updating through iTunes now. Let's see how bad this gets LOL. I never have any of the issues that everyone complains about...battery life has been amazing as has been the overall experience.

Fast Charging has been amazing.
[doublepost=1507072763][/doublepost]For what it's worth, is it better to update through iTunes or OTA?
Normally I recommend and do full ipsw updates via iTunes but for today's iOS 11.0.2 I did an OTA update. Smooth and non-eventful. My experience with iOS 11 has been excellent on my iPhone 6 including performance and battery life. I just don't know why people continue to whine incessantly. But for the record I'm very happy with iOS 11.

Prof.

macrumors 603
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
My 7 Plus keeps locking up and freezing. Soft reset does not fix the problem. Tried downgrading to iOS 10.3.3, but i think apple stopped signing it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.