iOS 11.0.3 Bug Fixes, Changes and Improvements

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by ck2875, Oct 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
  1. GreenJ91 macrumors newbie

Since I updated my IPhone it keeps getting worse. It seems like it is slowing down, not working faster as it should be supposed to. What should I do? A fabric reset?

2. PBz macrumors 68000

PBz

Not sure how changing clothes will help

Couldn’t resist. :)

3. Morac macrumors 65816

Morac

I used to see that, but haven’t seen it on iOS 11.0.3 yet.

4. twdawson macrumors regular

twdawson

While Apple is still signing 10.3.3 I have gone back on my 6s and might revisit 11 when it’s sorted out, maybe around the 11.3 time.
    Now if only I could go back on my iPad Air 2 that would be nice.

5. PR1985 macrumors 6502a

WPA 2 fix, if I were you, I would update when they´ve fixed it.

6. Shexo macrumors member

Has anyone noticed when typing 'we' in any application it automatically changes to 'W.E' - please tell me I am not the only one.

7. fischersd macrumors 601

fischersd

Just wanted to let anyone know who's been having nothing but grief with their car connectivity (usb/lightning and bluetooth) that 11.1 beta 4 fixed the issues with my 2011 Hyundai Tucson receiver (non-nav) and my 6s.
    That'll be the extent of my testing with that deck though - had it swapped out for a CarPlay system this morning.

8. MistrSynistr macrumors 6502a

Picked up the 8 from a 7. It SEEMS like 11.0.3 on the 8 works ALMOST well...I noticed some brief hangups/stutter I think going thru apps, the battery life issue seems to still be there also. Haven't had any bluetooth/freezing app/restart issues though.

9. Tom-H macrumors newbie

Anyone else had freezes on ios 11.0.3 ? Today it completely froze my phone, I couldnt swipe on my home screen and could press or open any apps, I could swipe up and down though to see the control center, and I could press the power button to put the screen off to standby, but I could not restart the phone by holding the power button down, and next time I pressed the home button to go to the home screen it would stay on page 2 of my homescreen where the crash happened with no option to swipe or open any apps. I then had to do a hard reset with the power up / down volume and then hold the power button down till the screen went black and restarted the phone. When I was on iOS 11.0.2 all was working fine, then I updated to iOS 11.0.3 a couple of days ago and then this happened today. Dont know if this is an issue with iOS 11.0.3 - heard that many people are having problems with this update, I have an iphone 8 plus btw.

10. C DM macrumors Westmere

Many people are having problems with iOS 11.0.3 in particular?

11. Tom-H macrumors newbie

Maybe its not that many then, I just thought it was many from what I been reading here and there. I hope my phone stays good for now so I dont have to do anymore hard resets, it's not so good for the phone when you do it to often.

12. Tom-H macrumors newbie

I got another problem today, when using Siri to name a song it crashed Siri, then I had to restart the phone and it worked again. Then I tried using "whats playing" again and she started listening this time, but when I tried a second time it crashed again meaning when I open Siri it wont listen and I can't tab the listening icon, it's not responding to that. Anyone else had this problem or can test if it does the same to you? Maybe try a couple of times in case it works the first time, just to see if it crashes the second time like it did for me.

13. 576316 macrumors 601

Why don't Reminders notifications stay on the lock screen until completed anymore? This is literally the point of reminders - that they can't be dismissed until marked as completed.

14. C DM macrumors Westmere

Do they show up and then disappear on their own for you? Mine stay there unless I complete them or explicitly clear them.

15. 576316 macrumors 601

I viewed the Reminder when it alerted on my Apple Watch, and I watched it disappear from my iPhone lock screen that second.

16. Chazzle macrumors 68000

Chazzle

It’s not hiding in Older Notifications, is it? Accessed by swiping up from the middle of the lock screen.

17. 576316 macrumors 601

Nope. It goes entirely, only way of knowing it's their is red app badge icon. This is totally counterproductive for the Reminders app.

18. C DM macrumors Westmere

It sounds like going to the reminders app might be clearing out that notification. I haven't really done that as I often don't go to the reminders app itself, so I haven't really noticed if that would do the same thing in my case.

One thing I do use that is useful to me in general, and might help out a bit in this scenario (even though it's not the same thing) is the Reminders widget which shows the reminders that are due and they stay there until I actually mark them as complete basically.

19. DaPizzaMan macrumors regular

20. C DM macrumors Westmere

As I recall airplane mode remembers the last state of WiFi and Bluetooth and goes by that basically.

21. Galacticos macrumors 6502a

Galacticos

My iPhone 7 is getting really warm on iOS 11.0.3. I have a case and noticed some warmth but I can feel it quite hot if I remove the case, which I’ve done since I noticed the heat a few days ago, under/on the side of the camera just from app switching that doesn’t go away if I restart my phone.

Has anyone upgraded to iOS 11.1 beta 5 and noticed this problem resolved?

22. KONVICTED Suspended

KONVICTED

Battery is little tricky on my iPhone 7, also my lock screen froze sometimes. Anyone experiencing this?

23. Infrared, Oct 27, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2017

Infrared macrumors 68000

Infrared

24. Chazzle macrumors 68000

Chazzle

I can confirm this just happened to me on iOS 11.1 Beta 5 with an app that I had never downloaded in the past. The app could access my photos with no security prompt asking for permission. The prompt did show up for camera access, but not photos.

25. Infrared macrumors 68000

Infrared

That's interesting. Can it do this repeatedly or on just the first attempt?

For me a 2nd immediate attempt did not succeed, but another attempt some time later did.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.