Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

itsmilo

Suspended
Sep 15, 2016
Berlin, Germany
I would like to know why my images do not sync on iCloud Messages. I was under the impression that if i delete an attachment on one device, it would also be deleted on the other devices.

Also under iCloud storage it shows 400 mb for iMessages but when i click on „conversations“ it shows 0 kb?

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
I would like to know why my images do not sync on iCloud Messages. I was under the impression that if i delete an attachment on one device, it would also be deleted on the other devices.

Also under iCloud storage it shows 400 mb for iMessages but when i click on „conversations“ it shows 0 kb?

First beta issue? Hopefully it’s fixed in a subsequent beta.

Chazzle

macrumors 68020
Jul 17, 2015
This is crazy. I kid you not, but I haven’t had a single issue, bug or respring on this beta. This speaks well of 11.3. Hoping this means that 11.3 will be a very stable and polished release. On iPhone X btw.
Wish I could say the same for my 7, but I’m hopeful they will get things in order.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
This is crazy. I kid you not, but I haven’t had a single issue, bug or respring on this beta. This speaks well of 11.3. Hoping this means that 11.3 will be a very stable and polished release. On iPhone X btw.
Same here on 6s. But apparently other X users have had a few issues. BTW weather widget has worked 100% of the time now since day one install. That hasn't worked since 11.0 beta 1 - 11.2.5.

Reactions: simba4

RPB65

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2017
It works well apart from minor things I've found, but the battery life on my 6S+ is poor. I'm losing at least 5 hours of life.
I'll see what happens on the next beta.

RSmith2023

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2015
Atlanta, GA
iPhone X .. this runs terrible. am i the only one? i get constant lockups.. screen unresponsive.. lags or apps crash

While I don’t get “constant lockups” I must admit that this beta has given me more oddities than any of the previous betas. Not enough to make me pull out hair or anything. (It’s a beta so I expect some degree of pain in the process.) I guess I’ve just been lucky up until now.

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
While I don’t get “constant lockups” I must admit that this beta has given me more oddities than any of the previous betas. Not enough to make me pull out hair or anything. (It’s a beta so I expect some degree of pain in the process.) I guess I’ve just been lucky up until now.

Been near flawless for me aside from the wi-fi issue

Reactions: mofoliar

vtboyarc

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2011

Overall it has been solid for me, too. Only issue is that occasionally when I plug it into the charger (Apple provided one), my iPhone X will say something about an unrecognized attachment, and won't charge until I unplug and then re-plug it in.

And I cannot take videos within snapchat anymore - but maybe that's a blessing in disguise?

Miallo

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2016
For me the dictionary is finally back up again!
And other than some battery consumption this Beta was quite acceptable for me, too (6s).

Usually the new Beta comes out on Tuesdays (I guess so that the employees who get it first can report issues after the weekend). So let’s see tomorrow...

christian.terra

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2014
For me the dictionary is finally back up again!
And other than some battery consumption this Beta was quite acceptable for me, too (6s).

Usually the new Beta comes out on Tuesdays (I guess so that the employees who get it first can report issues after the weekend). So let’s see tomorrow...

Still no dictionary for me

PBz

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2005
SoCal
Anyone else having volume, including the pop-up menu showing the level, go up all on its own? Listening to a podcast and the pop-up appears and just turns up and I’m not touching the volume up/down buttons.
[doublepost=1517870586][/doublepost]Now it keeps doing it. Phone is possessed.

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
Since my iPhone X is starting to get extremely sluggish I assume another update will be released soon.

Freakonomics101

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2014
Beta 1 is still performing nicely on my iPhone X. Battery life is great, too. I don't have to charge it every night now.

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
I experienced a glitch on my X this morning where tapping to launch apps would have no effect until I tap on a banner notification

Last edited:
Reactions: eyeseeyou

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
How dependent is the general operations of iOS on a stable data connection?

I swear over the last week my iPhone X has been as smooth as the throttled experience “old” iPhone users have been complaining about.

I’ve hard reset my phone a few times and am not sure what the issue is.

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2016
Middle East
For some reason the Apple TV Remote app stopped working today. It worked perfectly yesterday as I was using it last night to control my ATV4K.

Today I get the screen to select your apple tv. As soon as I select it the screen changes to the wallpaper on my homescreen and then all my apps reappear. As per screenshots

3fb926d7b44adcb851a54a583a84da26.jpg

6fec950dddb7e60b76f5056c4165aca1.jpg

I've tried restarting, deleting and reinstalling the app etc. No idea why it's suddenly stopped and can't get it to work.

Reactions: Wandaved01

AppleFlames

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2016
For some reason the Apple TV Remote app stopped working today. It worked perfectly yesterday as I was using it last night to control my ATV4K.

Today I get the screen to select your apple tv. As soon as I select it the screen changes to the wallpaper on my homescreen and then all my apps reappear. As per screenshots

I've tried restarting, deleting and reinstalling the app etc. No idea why it's suddenly stopped and can't get it to work.

I have exactly the same thing since last week. I can select the allle tv but then the app crashes each time so I can’t use it anymore. Only the remote works..

Reactions: Wandaved01 and 0014

RSmith2023

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Anyone else having volume, including the pop-up menu showing the level, go up all on its own? Listening to a podcast and the pop-up appears and just turns up and I’m not touching the volume up/down buttons.
[doublepost=1517870586][/doublepost]Now it keeps doing it. Phone is possessed.
Do you have a case on your phone? Seems like a silly question but I have seen this in the past with poorly fitting cases.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.