Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Harthag

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2009
U.S.
CarPlay works again on my 2018 Audi. Ever since 11.0.1 every time my side or parking sensors went off CarPlay just went dead and I needed to physically unplug the phone from the car. Now it's perfect again. Hopefully the final build won't break it again!

CrashTestWalrus

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2018
Connections via Bluetooth in my Acura are working with this beta. It’s been an iOS 11 problem that has caused various issues, the most prominent one being the phonebook not syncing. One of the workarounds has been to delete all the pictures from the phonebook and it would start syncing properly. In this beta the contact pictures are even showing up during calls.

furbzv1

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2014
Every time I unlock the phone goes to home screen and then the lock screen shows up momentarily and then goes back to home screen . Pretty annoying !

Paulie803

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2018
Perth, AUS
so another iOS update...another update that my visual voicemail still doesn't work...LIKE, AT ALL
I no longer get notifications of voicemail received, I have to manually dial it every hour or so because it doesn't tell me that I have a voicemail.
Started with earlier versions of iOS beta then got fixed, but iOS11.3 beta 3 onwards it just refuses to work. I've spent 2 hours on the phone to my carrier - works fine from their end. They've tried everything to fix it
I've done all the things listed like airplane mode, reset netowrk settings etc etc but to no avail...
As I use the phone for work this is just ridiculous as nothing will fix it. Also with Australian phones we don't have the voicemail option under PHONE in the settings menu...go figure

apple020997

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2015
Sottomarina, Italy
With this Beta 4 the Safari pages on my iPhone 6 aren’t shown on my iPad Pro 9.7. And this annoys me, since I daily open sites on the iPhone and read them on the iPad. I also tried to disable and then re-enable Safari on iCloud settings, but that doesn’t work. No bueno. And on the iPhone I can’t see the battery life since Beta 3...

simba4

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2016
Bulgaria
Can you check if the iMessage is circling like on my screenshot!
6a4ed6ac07ce0ef086c139752fc01874.jpg

Reactions: CrashTestWalrus

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
so another iOS update...another update that my visual voicemail still doesn't work...LIKE, AT ALL
I no longer get notifications of voicemail received, I have to manually dial it every hour or so because it doesn't tell me that I have a voicemail.
Started with earlier versions of iOS beta then got fixed, but iOS11.3 beta 3 onwards it just refuses to work. I've spent 2 hours on the phone to my carrier - works fine from their end. They've tried everything to fix it
I've done all the things listed like airplane mode, reset netowrk settings etc etc but to no avail...
As I use the phone for work this is just ridiculous as nothing will fix it. Also with Australian phones we don't have the voicemail option under PHONE in the settings menu...go figure

It’s a beta. Why are you using it if your phone is that important to you?

apple020997

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2015
Sottomarina, Italy
With this Beta 4 the Safari pages on my iPhone 6 aren’t shown on my iPad Pro 9.7. And this annoys me, since I daily open sites on the iPhone and read them on the iPad. I also tried to disable and then re-enable Safari on iCloud settings, but that doesn’t work. No bueno. And on the iPhone I can’t see the battery life since Beta 3...

Safari issue automatically solved a couple of minutes ago...

HungryForMore

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2018
I noticed multiple bugs in the TV app (can attach screenshots if anyone is interested):

- when you put TV app in background during video playback and come back to keep watching, sound will playback fine but picture is frozen.
- some movies in the library appear twice (alway right next to each other)
- I'm unable to stream some of the TV show episodes on cellular connection - the app asks me to connect to wi-fi
- Season number is shown instead of the show title (e.g. "Season 8" instead of "South Park") on the Library screen after purchase of a new season. It gets fixed after phone restart.

Also:
[doublepost=1520433662][/doublepost]"Updates" tab in the App store shows incorrect statuses next to apps. See attached screenshot. It usually fixes itself once I force it to refresh. See attached screenshot for before and after force refresh:

fullsizeoutput_252b.jpeg fullsizeoutput_252c.jpeg

Last edited:

Chazzle

macrumors 68020
Jul 17, 2015
Wifi has randomly been disconnecting from my home network (I only have 5ghz on) on this beta.

Then, this morning I got the bug where it said my WiFi password was incorrect and could not connect to the network. Tried toggling airplane mode, forgot the network and tried to re-join, restarted my phone, hard reset my phone, reset my router. None worked. I then reset my network settings and that finally worked.

However, I then found out my wife couldn’t connect either and the exact same thing was happening, but she’s on 11.2.6.

Obviously this has something to do with how my router talks to iOS 11, as I never had this issue previously. Weird that resetting the router didn’t fix it though.

I’ve seen many posts about this kinda WiFi issue specifically involving 5ghz.

Reactions: Sharkoneau

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013
Wifi has randomly been disconnecting from my home network (I only have 5ghz on) on this beta.

Then, this morning I got the bug where it said my WiFi password was incorrect and could not connect to the network. Tried toggling airplane mode, forgot the network and tried to re-join, restarted my phone, hard reset my phone, reset my router. None worked. I then reset my network settings and that finally worked.

However, I then found out my wife couldn’t connect either and the exact same thing was happening, but she’s on 11.2.6.

Obviously this has something to do with how my router talks to iOS 11, as I never had this issue previously. Weird that resetting the router didn’t fix it though.

I’ve seen many posts about this kinda WiFi issue specifically involving 5ghz.
Chaz,

I’ve had Wi-Fi issues in the past as well and especially on 5GHz. Its been pretty stable now, but this beta my 7 Plus disconnected once and all my other devices stayed connected during that time frame. No idea what happened. Only happened once. I reset my router and inputted all the settings manually. No issues since.

You can try a couple of things.

Turn off WMM Power Save Mode. Sometimes that setting doesn’t play well with Apple devices. Could depend on the router. (I have it on with my new router and no issues).

Manually assign your Apple devices with their current router IP.

May be worth a shot to see if that helps.

Reactions: Chazzle

Chazzle

macrumors 68020
Jul 17, 2015
Thanks for the tip, I’ll give that a try. Have you encountered the incorrect password bug though?

Reactions: scjr

furbzv1

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2014
im thinking of reinstalling beta, maybe setup as new. what would be the best way to not lose data? Restore using ipsw?

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013
Thanks for the tip, I’ll give that a try. Have you encountered the incorrect password bug though?
Since I purchased my own router and modem, I haven’t seen that one for awhile. Use to see it often with ISPs router.

What I do see sometimes. When changing a Wi-Fi channel on 5GHz, sometimes device won’t reconnect if screen is locked. Happens randomly. I think it’s a communication error between the device and router. Once I unlock device, it connects. I don’t see the incorrect password pop-up message.

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
im thinking of reinstalling beta, maybe setup as new. what would be the best way to not lose data? Restore using ipsw?

Download the beta IPSW, use iTunes, hold shift on PC or Option key on Mac and tap “Check for Updates” and select the IPSW to update. If you restore, you’ll lose your data unless you restore backup too.

Reactions: furbzv1
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.