Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Chazzle

macrumors 68020
Jul 17, 2015
Hi, Have you noticed that the phone app has a bug? To be specific the dialer section, adding a new contact then it would go back to the dailer but instead of the contact name, it shows add number which doesn't work (the contact is saved but the dailer shows add number).
Yes, I can confirm this bug. :(

Reactions: yongtjunkit

yongtjunkit

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2016
Yes, I can confirm this bug. :(
I wonder when would apple will fix this bug? First noticed this on ios 11.3 beta 3, till now beta 6 still not fixed. downgraded to ios 11.2.6 via itunes check for update button and the bug still exist.... o_O

Sharkoneau

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2017
Michigan
Reported camera launch delay both from notifications and home screen. Lot more persistent and opaque blur than on previous versions too.

Craiger

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2007
Man I must be the minority. I updated from the stable release to this latest beta and my phone has been fanatastic! It feels like everything is just a bit smoother. The most noticeable has been faceid. I think they changed the timing and I’ve been getting a lot more first try successes.

I’m on an iPhone X if that matters.

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Man I must be the minority. I updated from the stable release to this latest beta and my phone has been fanatastic! It feels like everything is just a bit smoother. The most noticeable has been faceid. I think they changed the timing and I’ve been getting a lot more first try successes.

Same here, actually. Also iPhone X.

TheByteSmasher

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2014
Atlantis
Yes, you can downgrade via iTunes but you will lose your messages
Soooo... I did it, then came back. LSS: going back did cause all my mail & account passwords to disappear, along with my messages. It also caused my phone to not recognize my Apple watch. So, like a moron I did the first thing I thought of: unpaired the watch. This is a mistake because if the watch doesn't recognize the phone, unpairing only does the phone side of things. But the watch doesn't know its phone went away so it won't go into pairing mode... Sooo I did an erase content & settings on the phone, reinstalled the beta (issues went away BTW) and did an iCloud restore from the day before. It worked. Phone functioned and watch functioned again... BUT... During the restore, I got asked for the passwords for 2 different accounts alongside my own. Then I got an annoying password prompt alternating between the 2 extraneous accounts for like 5 mins. Then they stopped. I called Apple. Senior support and iTunes Senior support say there's no apps associated with those IDs on my phone... Waiting on engineering. Thanks for reading!

Reactions: HackDaBox

BR4DOKYBrazil

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2018
Londrina - PR / Brazil
I've already noticed this bug on my old iPhone 7 Plus and it stays on my current iPhone X. In the area of wallpapers selection, when choosing one, I have the option to choose between still / perspective / live photo. If I select "live photo", the wallpaper continues in perpective. I notice this by moving the device lightly. Sometimes I can even notice this even when I select "still"! It seems to me that this gets worse when the battery is at a lower level (I do not know what the relation is). Did anyone else notice that? It is an old bug that has not yet been resolved. And I think it drains the battery.

pgoelz

macrumors regular
Nov 20, 2017
This may not be a beta 6 issue per se, but I just noticed that my notification sounds are noticeably lower volume than my ring tone. Both are MP3s that I processed and both are within a couple dB of max. Ringer slider is at about 90% and I don't think there is a way to adjust notification sound level separate from the ringer?

Per some old threads, I tried rebooting and that did not change anything. Did I miss something? My notification sounds are now low enough that I tend to miss them with the phone in my pocket in anything other than a quiet room. Ringer is fine....

Paul

Chazzle

macrumors 68020
Jul 17, 2015
Just encountered another bug. I update an app and although the app updated and shows the blue dot next to its name on my home screen, the App Store shows that the update is stuck and is hanging. Had to clear the App Store from my app switcher to fix it.
D4A7B321-0621-41C4-99D9-604849556500.jpeg

Reactions: mofoliar and jhall8

stefanoa

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2017
Is this beta battery life good as in the last beta 5 ? I have X and 7 plus and battery lives for 48Hours then 18 as previous beta 4, also Apple Watch 3 battery still be in place after 3 days with 10% battery left

kingston73

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2015
Wow, I was about to ask how the betas have been doing, but it doesn't sound like they've gotten any better. Sad :/

You have to remember that there are many, many people who have no issues at all. Of that long list on the first page the only bugs I've encountered on my 7+ are the missing lock screen music controls sometimes. I've been using the betas since the start and havent' had any severe issues.

I'm sure some people are having some legit problems but seriously some of the listed issues seem silly to me. A 2 second delay after unlocking the phone? It takes me 2 seconds to remember why I unlocked my phone.

gigapocket1

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2009
Sounds like the biggest issue is messages in iCloud.. I wonder if Apple will hold it off til iOS 12... or maybe delay it and come out with iOS 11.4...

roncron

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2011

I’ve also noticed FaceID is working better for me. Fewer fails. I’m pretty happy about that.

And like you, this beta is running well for me. Battery life in the 3 days since installing it is much improved over betas 4 & 5.

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2017
3D Touch can't be used immediately after unlock as it takes it to app delete mode.

This is something people mention from time to time in many iOS 11 threads but, believe it or not, the same thing can been found on iOS 10.3.3, especially if you don't use phone for a few minutes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.