iPhone iOS 11.3 iPhone X horrible performance

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by fallenapple99, Apr 5, 2018.

1. fallenapple99 macrumors member

before iOS 11.3 my iPhone X worked flawlessly. No issues at all. After upgrading to 11.3 I have the following issues. Unable to answer calls and screen is unresponsive. Today it played music when I tried to answer. I can only reply to text w/o unlocking sometimes as the keyboard does not appear. Unlocked when not in the text app I can’t see the bottom of messages as the keyboard blocks the message and I cannot scroll up to see the text. The only way I can see it is in the text app. It also randomly locks up. These are just the issues that come to mind right now. Before 11.3 my phone worked flawlessly, now its fast becoming unusable.

2. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

So downgrade. While you can.

Some hardware issues occur randomly but coincidentally with any specific activity, upgrades included, so you can't really rule out a problem with the phone itself.

3. Banglazed macrumors 68020

Banglazed

@simonsi said it is your last chance to downgrade before Apple stops allowing it.

It sounds like possible software issue. Did you OTA update? You may try to put device into recovery mode by connecting to device to iTunes while device is powered on, quickly press volume up, volume down and hold power till iTunes detect it is in recovery mode and hit "Update" to re-install 11.3 while retaining all your personal data.

4. fallenapple99 thread starter macrumors member

I’ve never synced to iTunes via pc. Mainly because iTunes refused to sync with my iPhone 7 Plus so I just did an OTA sync. Would this cause me to lose all my data?

5. Banglazed macrumors 68020

Banglazed

No, it will preserve all your data. Just don't hit "Restore".

6. WhiteHawk macrumors 6502

WhiteHawk

iCloud backups don't save everything, best to get into the habit of doing a sync and a backup to your computer now and then, especially before a big update just in case. If your still having issues with doing that then try reinstalling iTunes with latest version and using a different USB port perhaps.

7. SoGood macrumors 6502

SoGood

Sync backup would only backup ‘everything’ if there’s a password entered for encrypted backup.

8. atlchamp macrumors 68000

atlchamp

im trying this on my device now. Does this reinstall a fresh copy of the iOS basically?

9. Banglazed macrumors 68020

Banglazed

It basically overwrites the OS but not over your data.

Update: iOS 11.2.6 is no longer signed.

10. atlchamp macrumors 68000

atlchamp

Just did it. Let’s see if I notice a difference

11. fallenapple99 thread starter macrumors member

thanks, i just did that and it worked. Hopefully this resolves the issues.

12. 9zero8 macrumors newbie

Thanks for the suggestion! I was having performance problems as well and doing an update from restore mode seems to have fixed it.

13. sean000 macrumors 68000

sean000

I wonder what else could be causing those issues for you? I have had no issues at all with 11.3 on my iPhone X. Knocking on wood of course. Did you check battery and data usage to see if any rogue apps might be running in the background?

14. broadbean macrumors 6502a

That could well fix issues even without downgrading some times.

I'm still on the last public 10.3 beta and it's been working fine on my X. Will wait till at least public beta 2 before going on 10.4 however.

15. thadoggfather macrumors G4

thadoggfather

That afraid of issues you’re staying on public beta that works well? I honesty
    Don’t blame ya haha. If it ain’t broken. iOS 11 has been. A wild card

16. SoGood macrumors 6502

SoGood

So many thing can affect an uneventful firmware upgrade, especially with increasing 3rd party apps, let alone particular user induced situations. Gremlins and the challenge of beta testing.

17. simonmet macrumors 68000

simonmet

I’ve noticed many similar issues on my 7 Plus. Safari in particular seems to be having issues. I often have to reload the page because I can’t scroll or click links.

18. tarsins macrumors 6502a

tarsins

Check that Javascript is still on - if it looks on, toggle it off and on again.

19. macfacts macrumors 68030

macfacts

3rd party apps are sandboxxed and should not affect the OS. The "gremlins" are all from iOS.

20. simonmet macrumors 68000

simonmet

You’re right. I found that it was off. But I thought it’s always been that way and I never noticed problems before. Turning it on seems to have fixed some of the behavioural issues I was seeing.

21. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Not quite what sandboxed means.