Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaveOP

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Portland, OR
Can someone clarify:

So we have a 4.1 beta but we’ll get 12 on Monday. How will this work? Once we upgrade to 12 on Monday who exactly is still testing the 4.1 beta when, if they release one, beta 2 would be considered a downgrade?
Mostly, the people who SHOULD be testing betas. Most app developers need to target iOS 11 until September sometime, for customer support and production issues. As fun as iOS 12 betas will be to test, actual app testing won't be very important until it hits at least beta 3-4. Until then, we have to continue to support and target iOS 11.

iPhoneguy86

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2015
East Coast USA
Hey quick question and mods feel free free to reorganize this to another place but just wondering:

All throughout iOS 11 both general software releases and public betas my G-Mail Account Keeps showing 16 unread emails. It goes away but keeps coming back and it’s very annoying.I’ve removed the account readded it marked all emails as unread marked them as read again and that still hasn’t worked. It’s specifically only my G-Mail account and it only started on iOS 11. My device has been restored as new as well. Anyone else run into this or have a fix for it? Thanks. I’ve considered removing it and downloading the G-Mail app as opposed to having it in the native mail app so it stops giving me false notifications but just wanted to run it by a bigger audience to see if anyone else saw it. Thanks!

Reactions: martyjmclean

pnoyblazed

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2008
Have you guys problems installing iOS developer profile ??? I deleted it to download iOS 11.4 official, and now it doesn't let me install it again

Same here, I guess we have to wait til iOS 12 beta so that Apple releases a new developer profile

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
Hey quick question and mods feel free free to reorganize this to another place but just wondering:

All throughout iOS 11 both general software releases and public betas my G-Mail Account Keeps showing 16 unread emails. It goes away but keeps coming back and it’s very annoying.I’ve removed the account readded it marked all emails as unread marked them as read again and that still hasn’t worked. It’s specifically only my G-Mail account and it only started on iOS 11. My device has been restored as new as well. Anyone else run into this or have a fix for it? Thanks. I’ve considered removing it and downloading the G-Mail app as opposed to having it in the native mail app so it stops giving me false notifications but just wanted to run it by a bigger audience to see if anyone else saw it. Thanks!

I remembered there was an issue with Gmail fetch with Mail app but you can try this since it might be related to server this.

town3r

macrumors demi-god
Jul 15, 2012
Madison, WI
Looks like this beta fixed/removed the ability to get the new Pride watch face early when changing the phones date.

pnoyblazed

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2008
so is it normal for it to redownload 11.4 beta 6 first, then proceed to download 11.4.1 b1?

WaruiKoohii

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2015
Boston
There are a couple of posts on the 2nd page that you got to check update as quick before the profile removes itself to get this update.
This only applies to people who deleted the dev profile. If you change the phones date, add the dev profile, reboot, and check for updates real quick you can get 11.4.1 before the dev profile is automatically deleted.

Reactions: Banglazed

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Hit or miss. I've seen one other person reporting that this worked for them, but I've been tinkering and while I can get the profile to install, it removes itself after a reboot.

Did the profile remain installed after a reboot? This is my current problem.

My profile was removed with a reboot as well but it did allow me to install ios 11.4.1 first. Not sure we'll need the profile after 11.4.1 beta since iOS 12 comes out Monday and that will require an entirely new profile.

This only applies to people who deleted the dev profile. If you change the phones date, add the dev profile, reboot, and check for updates real quick you can get 11.4.1 before the dev profile is automatically deleted.
It seems the way to resolve is to install profile and answer NO to the restart prompt (or later whichever it is). Then the profile appears in the profiles section. After that you can exit settings and reboot manually not using the prompt, and the profile stays put once its back up.

Reactions: macintoshmac

WaruiKoohii

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2015
Boston
It seems the way to resolve is to install profile and answer NO to the restart prompt (or later whichever it is). Then the profile appears in the profiles section. After that you can exit settings and reboot manually not using the prompt, and the profile stays put once its back up.
No difference on my end. I spent about an hour trying different things, that included several times. The only way to “resolve” it is to just move quickly after the reboot.

Solver

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
USA
Is there a reason why Airplay (2) does not play videos from the photo album? I recorded a video and it will only play on the screen, not to the updated Apple TV 4. Videos from elsewhere play fine.

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
Wow.whats your setup?

• Airplane mode with WiFi Calling excluding public hotspot
  • WiFi Assist off
  • Background refresh off
  • AirDrop off
  • Handoff off
  • Still black wallpaper
  • Location Services always on but all apps "While Using" only and under System Services - Significant location and below are off
  • Mail app push off and fetch to manual since I use the official apps such as Gmail, Outlook etc
  • Low Power mode when using navigation or games

Attachments

• F4E8F96A-24B4-41FE-A953-EC036D24406D.png
    F4E8F96A-24B4-41FE-A953-EC036D24406D.png
    477.2 KB · Views: 441
  • 49B54925-2CA5-45C1-AF52-1C1A98D76A58.png
    49B54925-2CA5-45C1-AF52-1C1A98D76A58.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 340

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
No difference on my end. I spent about an hour trying different things, that included several times. The only way to “resolve” it is to just move quickly after the reboot.
It seems that the time goes back to automatic and resets to current date and time and perhaps that is when it gets removed. Mine disappeared again after the install.(and the date time reset to auto)

Solver

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
USA
Is there a reason why Airplay (2) does not play videos from the photo album? I recorded a video and it will only play on the screen, not to the updated Apple TV 4. Videos from elsewhere play fine.
Still can’t Airplay a video in the photos album via the control panel but can start Airplay via the share option.

Shawzborne

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2013
Does anyone else have an issue since 11.4 beta 4 till now 11.4.1 beta 1 with Siri not listening at all on iPhone 7 Plus? Been bugging me for a while...

Currently Siri functions on CarPlay, iPad Air 2, 2013 MacBook Air, 2016 MacBook Pro w. TouchBar, and Watch Series 0.

But Siri refuses to listen almost like the microphone is off when I launch her from the home button.

I have tried turning her off and back on again, but still end up with the same results.

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
But Siri refuses to listen almost like the microphone is off when I launch her from the home button.

I have tried turning her off and back on again, but still end up with the same results.

q-tip? :p

Seriously though, this looks like an odd bug, try the usual measures of resetting settings, restoring from IPSW, or the final measure of DFU install. I have, some years ago, had to reinstall via the DFU method twice to sort something out, so that can happen in rare cases for rare issues.

Reactions: Shawzborne

dmorales125

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2018
If anyone is using Pandora it will not work while using wi-fi. It is not the wi-fi as I am able to access pandora through macbook with no issues, so this seems to be related to the latest beta.

digitalexplr

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2016
Central Missouri
If anyone is using Pandora it will not work while using wi-fi. It is not the wi-fi as I am able to access pandora through macbook with no issues, so this seems to be related to the latest beta.
When I first tried with 1.4 final it hung with a "still buffering". Closed the app and restarted and it has been working fine since. (iPhone 8+)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.