Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Has anyone noticed an issue with apps constantly reloading now, and not staying in memory? It seems like it's a lot more frequent since iOS 11... but I'm noticing it more since 11.01 I think. I just installed 11.02 and will see how it goes today.

I used to keep a game (Disney Magic Kingdoms), InoReader (RSS reader), Gmail, and Narwhal all backgrounded just fine -- but now it seems like at least these three always have to reload when I swap back to them.

Reactions: dk001

lemimouth

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2015
Yes I noticed that since the first beta of iOS 11 on my 7+. Some apps seem to systematically reload after being put in background for more than a few seconds, which is very annoying !

Last edited:
Reactions: dk001 and tekchic

Act3

macrumors 68020
Sep 26, 2014
USA
Noticing it too but I originally attributed it to my devices only having 2gig RAM but I see most of your iOS devices listed have more than 2gig RAM.

Last edited:
Reactions: tekchic

TheBuffather

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2009
Orlando, FL
Same for me. I’ll click into an article on Facebook to read it. Then I’ll go to another app, for instance replying to a text. When I come back, Facebook reloads entirely and I lose not only the article I was reading but also my spot in the timeline. Pretty frustrating.

Reactions: Act3

iTone

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2007
CA
This happens with the Facebook app. It’s so annoying. Can’t switch to another app without the entire Facebook app reloading and losing my place or an article I was reading or about to read. Any solutions?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.