IOS 11 Beta 1 on iphone 6s performance

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by Valkyre, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Valkyre macrumors 6502

Just as the thread title says, how is BETA 1 running on Iphone 6s? Is the performance smooth without stutters and lags?

10.3.3 seems to be buttery smooth without any stutters, does ios11 beta 1 resemble that?

PS: I know there are bugs, I mainly interested in the performance.

2. utwarreng macrumors 6502

utwarreng

I wouldn't say it's smooth, but it's not terrible. I've been using it since release on my daily driver, and I don't have any intention to go back to iOS 10. Surprisingly, the battery life has still been reasonably good too. Maps crashes, but I think I've seen where that's happening across the board. Notifications don't always show up for Maps either.

3. jackwins macrumors regular

Sounds like its not quite time to update just yet... I think I'll wait til BETA 3 (at least).

4. nordique macrumors 6502a

Put it on my 6s

It's not buttery smooth but then again it isn't smooth on the 7 either. Interestingly iOS 11 boots up faster on my 6s than my 7 haha.

The biggest thing I've noticed is the delay in 3D touch on both devices

5. PJ. macrumors regular

I have put it on my iPad Air 2 and it is like butter so put it on my iPhone 6s and every app takes twice as long then usual. Nothing that ruins my life and is a first world problem but is anyone else facing this please?

PJ

6. jmgregory1 macrumors 65816

jmgregory1

Chicago and a few other places around the world
    Running 11 on my 6s+ and battery life is horrendous. Yesterday I unplugged at work at noon, got on a train and walked a trade show for the afternoon. By the time I got home at 7:15, I was at 19%. I made one phone call, was online periodically through the day (to look at exhibitor websites), no video watching or other glaring data usage. In fact, before I left I closed all open apps and made sure no apps were using data if they weren't running, but it still sucked far too much battery for what I used it for.

Hopefully the next update will improve battery life. I'm ok living with the other minor issues.

7. mous94410 macrumors regular

Battery life is horrendous on this iPhone. That's why I revert back to iOS 10