Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ApolloMessiah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2017
DIscovered that this wierd problem on my ip6 where the standby and usage time are the same suggesting constant battery drain.Disabling the FInd my iphone feature returned the battery stats to normal ..and performance have become normal... Hope this helps those grappling with the issue

IPhone 6
IOS 11 Beta 2

ApolloMessiah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2017
hmm i am checking back on it... it did work for a while but returned to same problem with the battery usage stats
[doublepost=1499427883][/doublepost]the battery usage stats are normal after restarting ... will keep monitoring ...

brosenz

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2011
On my case mail is eating a lot of battery, Background Activity, because it is not even running
[doublepost=1499526229][/doublepost]
hmm i am checking back on it... it did work for a while but returned to same problem with the battery usage stats
[doublepost=1499427883][/doublepost]the battery usage stats are normal after restarting ... will keep monitoring ...
Did you confirm if Find my iPhone solved the problem?

ApolloMessiah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2017
On my case mail is eating a lot of battery, Background Activity, because it is not even running
[doublepost=1499526229][/doublepost]
Did you confirm if Find my iPhone solved the problem?
unfortunately my steps didn't solve the problem....although the usage and standby times show different values... there is indeed stuff working in the background continuously. could be something wrong with the IOS 11 itself. I downgraded back to IOS 10.3.3 beta 6 without losing data . in itunes press shift and choose the IPSW file of 10.3.3. But u will lose SMS messages..

Strelok

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2017
United States
unfortunately my steps didn't solve the problem....although the usage and standby times show different values... there is indeed stuff working in the background continuously. could be something wrong with the IOS 11 itself. I downgraded back to IOS 10.3.3 beta 6 without losing data . in itunes press shift and choose the IPSW file of 10.3.3. But u will lose SMS messages..
Notes and News stopped working for me when I did that too btw.

negativzero

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2011
What helped for me was doing a settings reset. The battery drain was done for immediately after that. Tried other tricks but this was what did it for me.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
What helped for me was doing a settings reset. The battery drain was done for immediately after that. Tried other tricks but this was what did it for me.
That did nothing for me. I spent 4 hours setting the device up as new. With nothing on the device, issue was still present. Downgraded to 10.3.3 and all is perfect again.

Mansu944

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2012
Doesn’t the battery drain seem to be an issues with betas because of all of the diagnostics running in the background?

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
Doesn’t the battery drain seem to be an issues with betas because of all of the diagnostics running in the background?

That is certainly part of it. It seems there may also be issues with photo analysis and/or upload and also location services. I say may because we can’t know for sure, only base things on limited observation. In any case, the issues are pretty standard beta stuff.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.