Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JunkieJeff

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2016
Hi guys,

what can you tell me about iOS 11 B3 for using this Version as daily driver?

Battery?
iPhone heating?

Thanks

betasp

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2008
Battery is the biggest issue for me. The rest I can work with. I bombed Springboard once this morning, but that has been about it. Everything else is running ok and yeah, it's a bit snappier. Just make sure you have access to charging if you are a moderate to heavy user.

Reactions: cfairbank

jahin17

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2016
London
Battery is probably the same for me, right now I'm on 57% with 3 hours 8 minutes usage with 6 hours 18 mins standby. My main issue is that the phone continues to heat up A LOT so I'm having to use a case with the phone. For me i haven't found any bugs that would annoy me a lot. Apart from the heat and slight battery issue, everythings fine

Bane-Thunder

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2014
Beta 3 been an improvement for all my apps so Manga Rock and my Amazon video downloads werent working on beta 2 but now they're working and the volume on my Airpods have improved although not quite iOS 10 levels.

I can say the phone heats up less often now.

Battery seems better but still not iOS 10 levels. I wonder if updating to beta 3 if anything is going on in the background that I'm not taking into consideration cause if so then the battery is surely an improvement over beta 2.

I can recommend beta 3 as a daily driver but couldnt recommend the previous 2 builds.

running on an iPhone 6S.

Reactions: jhall8

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
I can also recommend beta 3 on iPhone 6s as a daily driver. Much improved over beta 2. No resprings yet. Seems a lot smoother. Also running WatchOS 4 beta 2.

Reactions: Statusnone88

Statusnone88

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2010
Much improved on my iPhone 7 and my iPad Pro 10.5.

Especially on the phone. Much, much smoother.

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
Been using the PB on my 7 since it was originally made available and in my experience, there are the usual bugs but nothing that really hinders me from using the device on a daily basis.

Reactions: digitalexplr

chowmein

macrumors member
Feb 20, 2009
Been experiencing very frequent Wifi dropouts on my 7+, even after clean restore to beta 3 image. Not sure if this is just an isolated thing, but definitely downgrading to iOS 10 for now, at least until next beta.

It's great on the normal 7 though!

Reactions: mous94410
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.