Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Attirex

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 8, 2015
Hey, everyone:

After upgrading my wife's iPad Air 2, she is upset that the key order in the virtual keyboard has changed--the "@" and hyphen have apparently switched rows (?). And she also hates the large "Undo" button, which she accidentally taps instead of the space bar, and then unintentionally deletes text. Frustrating, for sure.

Is she losing her mind, or is the layout definitely different vs iOS 10?

Any way to fix/revert?

Thanks!

Reactions: curlydog

rusty2192

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2008
Kentucky
Hey, everyone:

After upgrading my wife's iPad Air 2, she is upset that the key order in the virtual keyboard has changed--the "@" and hyphen have apparently switched rows (?). And she also hates the large "Undo" button, which she accidentally taps instead of the space bar, and then unintentionally deletes text. Frustrating, for sure.

Is she losing her mind, or is the layout definitely different vs iOS 10?

Any way to fix/revert?

Thanks!

I haven’t noticed the @ or -, but the undo button is driving me nuts. I use the split keyboard to type with two hands and always use my right thumb to hit the space bar. But if I use a number or punctuation, I always end up hitting the undo button on accident instead of reaching far enough to get the space bar to change the keyboard back to letters.

Attachments

• 0C117AC2-70B6-43DA-9C02-E2A0A18EA934.jpeg
    0C117AC2-70B6-43DA-9C02-E2A0A18EA934.jpeg
    729 KB · Views: 210

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
I haven’t noticed the @ or -, but the undo button is driving me nuts. I use the split keyboard to type with two hands and always use my right thumb to hit the space bar. But if I use a number or punctuation, I always end up hitting the undo button on accident instead of reaching far enough to get the space bar to change the keyboard back to letters.

Wow a true split keyboard user.! I’ve never seen anyone using it before.

curlydog

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2009
No need for the sarcasm akash.nu surely?
The split keyboard is a wonderful thing. I use it all the time and rarely take it out of that mode. Many folks don’t use it cos they don’t know it’s there.

Back to the topic tho...I too am finding this undo button is quite simply in the wrong place. What madman thought it was a good idea to put it there. Where was it before?

Can anyone offer any useful, non sarcastic tips for getting rid of this crap Apple change?

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
No need for the sarcasm akash.nu surely?
The split keyboard is a wonderful thing. I use it all the time and rarely take it out of that mode. Many folks don’t use it cos they don’t know it’s there.

Back to the topic tho...I too am finding this undo button is quite simply in the wrong place. What madman thought it was a good idea to put it there. Where was it before?

Can anyone offer any useful, non sarcastic tips for getting rid of this crap Apple change?

1. I genuinely can’t remember my thought process from 6 months ago but if I know myself, I’m not sarcastic in forums generally.

2. Its a system keyboard layout. Nobody can make alterations to it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.