Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

Jamesk811

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 23, 2015
In relation to messages now being synced via iCloud (delete a message on iPhone it also deletes on all other devices) I know that this works between iPhone and iMacs/iPads as shown at WWDC but there was no mention of it syncing with Apple Watch also. I really wish it would sync with the watch as if I want to delete a certain message from my watch it's impossible without deleting the whole message history with that specific person.

Does anyone know if this works with the watch also? Thanks

dan.tebeau

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2015
In relation to messages now being synced via iCloud (delete a message on iPhone it also deletes on all other devices) I know that this works between iPhone and iMacs/iPads as shown at WWDC but there was no mention of it syncing with Apple Watch also. I really wish it would sync with the watch as if I want to delete a certain message from my watch it's impossible without deleting the whole message history with that specific person.

Does anyone know if this works with the watch also? Thanks

Since the Watch is connected to your phone I would assume so.

Comment

theoapo

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2015
Athens, Greece
Unfortunately I have read that it doesnt support the Apple Watch.
I have send a suggestion to apple bug reporter that they give us an option of mirroring or icloud message syncing.

Reactions: Statusnone88
Comment

MozMan68

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Right here...
So...to clarify, this is just about synching between devices. Is there any plan to have messages available on icloud.com as part of this??

Comment

Manatlt

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2013
London, UK
So...to clarify, this is just about synching between devices. Is there any plan to have messages available on icloud.com as part of this??
It's possible, but Apple has not announced nor hinted that it will be available via iCloud.com.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.