Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Donfor

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2016
pb2 is working excellent via ipad air

iphone 6 64gb -random re starts and loss of in car audio bluetooth calls

patiently waiting pb3 more for iphone rather than air

Ixidor

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2016
Apart from some minor glitches here and there, iOS11 has been working fine.

The only issue I have faced is that sometimes the iPad runs a lot warmer than usual which results in faster battery drain. I understand that this is normal for a beta, and this is not a dealbreaker for me.

macbook123

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 11, 2006
Did anybody get the new feature to work where you can take notes by tapping on the screen without even unlocking the iPad?

Tom G.

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Champaign/Urbana Illinois
Yes, for me also. Right now I'm downloading PB 3 onto my 1gen iPad Pro, so I'll come back later and report if it still works.

That feature is really cool. However, you do know that it only works with a Apple Pencil and an iPad Pro of some type. Trying to use your finger or a stylus of some type won't work at all. Also the iPad has to be an iPad Pro.

StuMcBill

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2011
Aberdeen, Scotland
Yes, for me also. Right now I'm downloading PB 3 onto my 1gen iPad Pro, so I'll come back later and report if it still works.

That feature is really cool. However, you do know that it only works with a Apple Pencil and an iPad Pro of some type. Trying to use your finger or a stylus of some type won't work at all. Also the iPad has to be an iPad Pro.

Is it only iPad Pro 10.5 or 12.5 2nd edition, or will this work on my iPad Pro 9.7?

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
The lock screen needs to be showing. It doesn’t work if there is no lock screen schowing
You can show the lock screen without actually unlocking your iPad.
[doublepost=1501125607][/doublepost]“Apps actively using your location”

Any way to turn off this blue bar? It’s gettinf crazy annoying.

simonmet

Cancelled
Sep 9, 2012
Sydney
Just tried iOS 11 PB 3.

Not smooth enough for me yet. Lots of choppy and stuttering animations which is a pet hate.

Reno Raines

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2015
I am using it on my SE and in my opinion it works pretty well. I have had no app incompatibility myself and just a little lag. For me it is more stable than iOS 10 public beta a year ago. As always be careful if using it on your primary phone but I think it is pretty cool.

Reactions: one more

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
There's some bugs that I'm ok with but that constant blue bar notification of apps "using your location" is impacting the UX too much for me on my 7 plus.

Downgrading back to 10.3.

ios11 is perfect on my ipad pro.

ryxn

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2017
For any device running iOS 11 beta, give it some time, usually a day or two, to index all of your files and apps. During this time, you may experience some lag and your device heating up. After that, the current betas are much better when it comes to fluidity and battery use. If you don't mind the initial indexing and a few hiccups here and there, back your stuff up and give it a go!

Reactions: eyeseeyou
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.