Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

streamlikey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2017
So to replicate this bug you must enable assistive touch. Then go to the camera app, click the assistive touch, from there you can already see constant animation lag, keep opening and closing the assistive touch, then feel the temperature on the back of your phone (below the camera), it will be blazing hot. Usually i turned off my phone immediately because i'm afraid to damage it.

Pretty sure this bug is from the beginning of iOS 11, right now i'm at 11.2.5 but it still there. I'm using iPhone 8 Plus

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
The phone can disable itself if it gets too hot.

ios10-iphone7-temperature-cool-down.png

Reactions: chabig

streamlikey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2017
s
This is a severe bug?
sorry for my choice of words because this bug has been there since ios 11.0 and it annoys me so much
[doublepost=1517276208][/doublepost]well i'll just wait until iOS 11.3 came out and hope this bug will be gone.

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
well i'll just wait until iOS 11.3 came out and hope this bug will be gone.

I don't see any frame drops aside from the very first time Assistive touch is opened (11.3 beta), however, it also doesn't necessarily mean it's a bug. It could just be a performance issue. Optimisations could fix it, but it wouldn't classically qualify it as a bug

-BigMac-

macrumors demi-god
Apr 15, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Not really a serious bug.

Before its even considered.. what percentage of users use assistive touch daily? 1-2%?
After that is taken into account.. how many of those 1%'ers mindlessly open and close assistive touch on their camera app until the phone is hot, for lols?

Know what else gets the phone hot? Mindlessly turning it off and on.....

Reactions: mman454 and Sital
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.