iPad iOS 11 Stuters badly

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by Johnedlt, Sep 22, 2017.

?

Does iOS 11stutter with your iphone?

1. Yes use an iPhone 6 or earlier model

2. Yes use an iPhone 6s or later

3. Yes use an iPad Air 2 or earlier

4. Yes use an iPad Pro or later

5. No Apple did a tremendous job!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Johnedlt macrumors newbie

Johnedlt

Incredible how much this update stutters.... on my iPhone 6 especially. I’ll tell you one thing Tim, I will not buy a new iPhone because your update screwed up my phone!!!! I will however consider buying one if you fix this.

My iPad Pro stutters too but not as much. Steve will turn over in his grave!!!!

Bar older device from updates if you can’t make it work properly. I will rather run my phone on an older rom than have the latest one but breaks it.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 22, 2017 ---
    And yes I’m not a noob here. Just lost my account.

2. Frankfurt macrumors 6502

Frankfurt

No issue whatsoever on iPhone 7.
    No issue whatsoever on iPad Air 2.
    Slow and stuttering on iPad Air.

3. Badagri macrumors 6502a

I wouldn’t say Apple did a tremendous job. While I have no performance issues, I have location issues on the iPad Pro. Still, it has been a dodgy release. Stupid me diving straight in. It works well on the iPhone 7.

4. AlexH macrumors 68020

AlexH

My iPhone 6 and iPad Pro both have stuttering issues. Given the range of performance, it doesn’t seem to be hardware related.

5. Johnedlt thread starter macrumors newbie

Johnedlt

I just think that if there is anything Apple devices differ from the rest is they are fast, responsive and buttery smooth. That’s why I left windows, don’t consider android and pay a substantial premium.

6. GuruZac macrumors 6502a

GuruZac

Minor stuttering (we’re talking very minor) on my iPhone 7 Plus when using 3D Touch. Otherwise, the phone runs smooth. No faster or no slower than iOS 10.3 overall. It’s perfect on my iPad Pro 10.5 so far.

7. Legendts macrumors regular

Legendts

No complaints here at all on phone or iPad Pro.

8. WhiteWhaleHolyGrail macrumors 6502a

WhiteWhaleHolyGrail

Definite stutter on my iphone 7 when swiping around. Everything else seems fine.

9. grgsiocl macrumors regular

Stutters in my iPhone 7 and lags too...going back to 10.3.3

10. Helmsley macrumors regular

Helmsley

11. nnyymm macrumors regular

Stutters sometimes especially when exiting a app(safari etc.) or going into the multi task page. iPhone 7 too, clean install.

12. GuruZac macrumors 6502a

GuruZac

I tried the Smart Invert colors feature after watching a few videos on it, and it’s still not a viable dark theme for the phone because no websites utilize the proper dark theme. And more on point, I noticed it caused my phone to lag a little more.

13. canesalato macrumors 65816

canesalato

Yes, that lags a lot!

14. dannyyankou macrumors G3

dannyyankou

Probably a bug that will be fixed. Believe it or not the iPhone 8 has the same stutters, especially with 3D touch

15. GuruZac macrumors 6502a

GuruZac

Wow really? That makes me feel better, not that iPhone 8 users have the issue per se, but that it is likely a software bug. I didn’t think iOS 11 would be taxing the A10 chip anytime soon.

16. Act3 macrumors 68000

seen some minor stutters, my bigger concern is I've had to hard reboot my 6s about 10 times since updating to iOS 11 due to screen locking up. That is about 10 more lockups than I ever had with 10.3.3

17. KoolAid-Drink macrumors 65816

Minor stutter every time I use 3D touch on my 8+, so it's software-related for sure.

18. dannyyankou macrumors G3

dannyyankou

Yeah, the iPhone 7 animations are definitely smoother on 10.3.3 than the iPhone 8 is on 11.0

19. Bawstun macrumors 65816

Bawstun

It isn’t taxing the A10, or the A9 in the SE. These are phones that can last 4 or 5 years in performance. Even more if planned obsolescence wasn’t a thing...

20. Act3 macrumors 68000

Guess they couldn’t fix that before the deadline.

21. dannyyankou macrumors G3

dannyyankou

Well my main point is that the animations were slow on the iPhone 8 too, how does that prove planned obsolescence? I think you may not be following, lol

22. Superhappytree, Sep 23, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2017

Superhappytree macrumors 6502a

Superhappytree

It’s a disgrace. A brand new iPhone or any new flagship for that matter should not lag whatsoever in 2017. There is no excuse for it. Apple’s quality control dips more and more every year. Did we hear about iPhones stuttering with the 4, 4s and 5? No. It’s the iOS 7 redesign that Apple decided to do in 2013 that f*cked everything up. Now the cracks are really starting to show. Unless Fortsall comes back then expect more of this. The fact that the day has come where Android is now smoother than iOS (which I never thought I’d see) speaks volumes.

23. Johnedlt thread starter macrumors newbie

Johnedlt

Another observation apps open longer particularly messaging. We’re taking windows 7 or something slow here...

24. GIZBUG macrumors 68000

GIZBUG

Ya, especially given the 10+ betas and thousands upon thousand of developer and PUBLIC beta testers..........

25. witherwings macrumors member

witherwings

I got my hands on an iPhone 8 and even with that phone it stutters from time to time.

True that since beta 1 to GM iOS 11 the iOS 11 got much better performance, but still feel that it is not fluid yet and it should remain beta a longer time, maybe until Beta 12 or something.