Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

richard371

macrumors 68040
Feb 1, 2008
I took mine off the wireless charger yesterday and the screen would not come on. I pressed all the buttons and nothing. My watch showed connected. After a bit the screen finally came on and it let me use Face ID to get back in so I don’t think it restarted.
Both of you on the same carrier? Mine didn’t freeze.

Natya Sadella

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2016
I took mine off the wireless charger yesterday and the screen would not come on. I pressed all the buttons and nothing. My watch showed connected. After a bit the screen finally came on and it let me use Face ID to get back in so I don’t think it restarted.
Got the exact same thing today, I think it was reported yesterday too with a timeframe (I remember 10 o’clock). The strange thing is, I got that at the same timeframe.

skinuca

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2005
New York City
Since the launch of 12.1.1 Beta 1, i have had not LTE on my Sprint iPhone X. I have been in NYC or near by the entire period, so it has no been too much of a bother and do have my work phone if i need the speed, but will be traveling soon and don't like to use work phone for personal stuff.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

shoulin333

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2007
California
Got the exact same thing today, I think it was reported yesterday too with a timeframe (I remember 10 o’clock). The strange thing is, I got that at the same timeframe.

This is what happens to me almost every time after I take the phone off a charge. Wireless, wall, or PC. Through 3 max’s and an XR.

I am to the point where the phone is nearly useless because I can’t ever rely on it. I hope 12.1.1 beta 3 addresses this issue or I’m done with iPhone for at least a year when my next upgrade is due.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
This is what happens to me almost every time after I take the phone off a charge. Wireless, wall, or PC. Through 3 max’s and an XR.

I am to the point where the phone is nearly useless because I can’t ever rely on it. I hope 12.1.1 beta 3 addresses this issue or I’m done with iPhone for at least a year when my next upgrade is due.
So you're going to give up on having an iPhone because you can't depend on it while you're running beta software?

Seems logical.

Chazzle

macrumors 68020
Jul 17, 2015
So you're going to give up on having an iPhone because you can't depend on it while you're running beta software?

Seems logical.
I think we should clarify that it’s only been happening to them on betas before we assume that.

mattyboy7110

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2008
I'm sure on previous phones I've been able to hold down the shift key on the keyboard while typing? Now when I hold it down, the first character is capitalised but none of the subsequent characters. (I know I can double tap the shift key). Is this a new bug or an iPhone Xr thing?

RPB65

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2017
I'm sure on previous phones I've been able to hold down the shift key on the keyboard while typing? Now when I hold it down, the first character is capitalised but none of the subsequent characters. (I know I can double tap the shift key). Is this a new bug or an iPhone Xr thing?
Works ok on XS Max so unsure if it's an XR thing but cannot think why it would be though? No reason the XR shouldn't work the same as any other.

Lebherz27

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2016
Carmel, IN(north side of Indy)
Has anyone been able to come up with a visual VM fix for ATT? It stopped working, and magically appeared again.

Had to hard start my phone because it froze and no VVM again.

Tried resetting network settings, hard starts, turning off, and airplane mode.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.