iOS 12.1.1 Pot Fast Charging Notification Bug

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by tazdevl, Dec 5, 2018 at 3:03 PM.

1. tazdevl macrumors member

Prior to iOS 12.1.1 I swear my iPhone XS vibrated twice to notify it was fast charging.

Same setup with iOS 12.1.1 (Apple 30W USB-C charger, Anker 49W Powerport II USB-C charger, Apple USB-C to Lightning cable, Anker USB to Lightning cable) my iPhone XS no longer does the double notification/vibrate.

Anyone else encounter the same? If so, WTH is Apple doing? That’s a pretty useful feature.

2. RPB65 macrumors regular

Whilst I hear ya, I cannot see why this is useful? If you are USB-C PD charging then it will always fast charge, why do you need notifying it is doing it?

3. tazdevl thread starter macrumors member

If memory serves some cables (2.0 spec?) don’t support fast charging. Carry a bunch when I travel. Never know what I get out of the grab bag. Also, if there is something up with the cable where it’s no longer capable of supporting fast charging, it’d be good to know.

4. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

There have been threads/posts of people not seeing that with iOS 12.1 and even 12.0 as I recall.

5. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

My Xs has never double vibrated and I only use PD cables and chargers. My 8 Plus stopped double vibrating around 11.3.

6. pcconvert macrumors member

Afyer 12.1.1 my iPhone XS no longer fast charge with the same cables and power sources as it did before. Definitely big bug there.

7. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

My XS definitely still fast charges. Even without the double vibration.