General iOS 12.2 Beta 1 Email/Accounts Bug

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by iApplereviews, Jan 26, 2019.

1. iApplereviews macrumors 6502a

iApplereviews

After updating my iPhone XS Max and iPad Pro 11" to iOS 12.2 Beta 1 i realized my Gmail account in mail was not working. It says "The mail server is not responding" thinking this was a Gmail issue i waited a few hours and tried again and still nothing. So i deleted my Gmail account from my iPhone and tried to readd it well it said it already existed and wouldn't let me. I rebooted and tried again this time i didn't get that error it just wouldn't add it just went back to the add account screen without doing anything. Same issue on my iPad as well. Keep in mind this account works fine in mail on my iPhone XR on 12.1.3 so it is only occurring in 12.2 and only with my Gmail account.

2. I7guy macrumors P6

I7guy

3. iApplereviews thread starter macrumors 6502a

iApplereviews

That’s what I’m using in the meantime.

4. matthijst macrumors regular

5. matthijst macrumors regular

6. OC513 macrumors 6502

Had same issue with Gmail and an AOL email. It seems to be working now on beta 2. Fingers crossed.

7. George Knighton macrumors 65816

George Knighton

Although Google Mail now works, I still cannot get AOL to work.

AOL Mail cannot be used in iOS Mail application even though it works and syncs with identically the same account and information when used in AOL application.

Login is correct but when using Settings/Passwords & Accounts, it freezes and never inserts the account into the Mail application.

8. OC513 macrumors 6502

I am now realizing today that my AOL that I thought was fixed with yesterdays update is not working properly. It asks me to re enter the password everytime I check it. It wont keep the password. I have tried everything from a hard reset of phone to deleting and re adding the account and it still asks me to re enter password every time I check it. VERY frustrating. Any one else having this issue?

9. Stromos macrumors newbie

Stromos

This is still a bug in Beta 2 my exchange email freezes the whole mail application. I can reboot the phone and it might start to sync new email but clicking a message causes a freeze again. Opening a feedback ticket with Apple.

10. Yr17 macrumors newbie

Had this issue immediately w my aol mail. I was using the aol app for a while but I discovered a better work around is to create an “app password” on aol’s security page and add it back into the regular mail app as an “Other” email account w the aol mail settings and that app password

11. eirikcerto macrumors newbie

Same here. I had to downgrade to 12.1.3 to get my aol mail working again. Verizon took over AOL and since then it’s been and on and off mess. Contacted AOL and they we’re no help at all. Tried to sell me a subscription for $39.99 a month for tech service. Called Apple and they are aware, but said they cannot do anything. It’s on AOL. I was using the AOL app before I downgraded back and it worked fine. Just goofy and unecessary though. The list of issues w iOS 12.2, beta or not is insane.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 15, 2019 at 2:26 PM ---
    It’s an AOL issue and Apple tech is aware. They told me there was nothing they could do. AOL has to correct the issue. Awesome isn’t it...

12. eirikcerto macrumors newbie

Delete the account(s) in settings and then go back and set up email as “other”.
    Enter your email address, password and then when you get to the next screen it should look like the pic I posted and it will work. I am on an iPhone XS Max 12.2.2 with all my AOL accounts working this way now.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 16, 2019 at 1:25 AM ---
    Delete the account(s) in settings and then go back and set up email as “other”.
    Enter your email address, password and then when you get to the next screen it should look like the pic I posted and it will work. I am on an iPhone XS Max 12.2.2 with all my AOL accounts working this way now.

Attached Files:

13. George Knighton macrumors 65816

George Knighton

:rolleyes:

That works just fine. Thank you for telling us to do that.