Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
12.2 update ...
iPhone 8+: only seeing one change, negative: in Safari, if browsing images (Google) the swipe features will intermittently fail requiring killing in the task manager and relaunching. This does not occur if you request "Desktop Mode". Seeing the same issue on the IPP G2.

IPP 12.9 G2: Coming from a beta did a wipe and start fresh. Touchscreen issues pretty much disappeared. Still had the same issues with email, calendar, ... the same old bugs that have been around for a while. See my comment under the 8+ above for a new Safari issue.
Unfortunately the Touchscreen issues started coming back on Tuesday night so I went ahead and installed the 12.3 Beta. Issues are there also in 12.3.

Sigh..... :(

JetBlack7

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2011
Portugal
Yea I’ve pretty much given up at this point, I shouldn’t have to investigate why battery life tanks after an update. Shame that such a great update performance-wise gets overshadowed by horrible battery life.

Really don’t understand how Apple can’t get this right (unless it’s intentional). It sounds like most people who are saying battery life is improved are those with newer devices, while people like myself with an SE “need to upgrade”...

I usually update via iTunes and set it up as new, and then put everything manually on my iPhone. Never had a problem :)

Ossyref

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2015
Accrington
Don't know if it's been talked about, but I'm getting a delay in my messages app. I get a new sms and until i touch the display to wake it up, it won't ring nor show the notification. Sometimes, it passes 5,6,7 or more minutes since I received the sms, and when I touch the screen, it suddenly rings and I can see how long since I received the sms. It happens a lot of times. Other times, everything goes normal.

Mine’s the same, thought I was losing the plot

sergekills

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2017
Moscow, Russia
The weirdest flex by iOS I've ever seen.
I just launched Photos app and was presented with ZERO PHOTOS!
I'm using iCloud Photos and I immediately headed to iCloud and from there I could see that photos still take 53GB of storage, headed back to Photos app, then 1 appeared. A second later the number started to increase.
I have no idea what the hell was that and what caused that strange bug. iPhone's storage is fine, iCloud's too.
[doublepost=1554495444][/doublepost]
I usually update via iTunes and set it up as new, and then put everything manually on my iPhone. Never had a problem :)
Do you start fresh every time?
Do you own an Apple Watch?

pete480

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2014
Long Island, NY
Sigh...it took Apple a while to fix this and now it’s back. This appears every time I use my Apple TV. It just says “connecting” and doesn’t go away.
409654cd1cd7b4bb080a02be5a342a1b.jpg

TheByteSmasher

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2014
Atlantis
I'm seeing a weird notification bug. I'll tap on a notification and it'll A. Open the app but not clear and become an untappable notification that must be swiped clear or B. Will just clear when tapped. Also, random capitals in typing

TimFL1

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2017
Germany
Sigh...it took Apple a while to fix this and now it’s back. This appears every time I use my Apple TV. It just says “connecting” and doesn’t go away.
409654cd1cd7b4bb080a02be5a342a1b.jpg
I don't see this as a bug. I used my phone to input an app password for my ATV today and then I proceeded to use the physical remote to start a movie. My phone kept showing what you're seeing, but you can easily get rid of it with a click: you tap the airplay icon (the blue one) and then scroll up to the tile representing your phone and select that.

It's actually smart this way, you are linked to the last AirPlay device your phone interacted with.

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe
when opening the apple tv remote from contol center, is it suppose to ask me to choose the apple tv on everytime (from the top of the app)? i have only one apple tv, and on everytime i open the apple tv remote from control center, i have to choose the apple tv at first before i can control it.

and after the latest ios, i have connecting issues with airpods. not always switching from watch to the phone or vice versa. also problem with making a call from the watch while airpods used for listening the music (from the watch) - after stopping to play music and making a call for someone the sound doesnt come to airpods - it doesnt go anywhere.

i already reconnected airpods several times with the phone. didnt fix it.

Last edited:

JetBlack7

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2011
Portugal
Mine’s the same, thought I was losing the plot

It's super annoying.
[doublepost=1554745819][/doublepost]
I just did this and it’s the 2nd day as a fresh install. Battery is still horrible but I’ll give it another couple of days before I judge...

Give it a few days, it'll settle in :)
[doublepost=1554745867][/doublepost]
The weirdest flex by iOS I've ever seen.
I just launched Photos app and was presented with ZERO PHOTOS!
I'm using iCloud Photos and I immediately headed to iCloud and from there I could see that photos still take 53GB of storage, headed back to Photos app, then 1 appeared. A second later the number started to increase.
I have no idea what the hell was that and what caused that strange bug. iPhone's storage is fine, iCloud's too.
[doublepost=1554495444][/doublepost]
Do you start fresh every time?
Do you own an Apple Watch?

Yup, every single update I restore from scratch. Don't own an Apple Watch though.

Reactions: jrdatrackstar1223

jrdatrackstar1223

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2017
Brownsburg, IN
It's super annoying.
[doublepost=1554745819][/doublepost]

Give it a few days, it'll settle in :)

Question, do you have background refresh enabled or anything like that (or set to Wi-Fi only). The biggest drain I have seen potentially is Siri and I figure that is because it is learning my location habits and such from a new device.

JetBlack7

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2011
Portugal
Question, do you have background refresh enabled or anything like that (or set to Wi-Fi only). The biggest drain I have seen potentially is Siri and I figure that is because it is learning my location habits and such from a new device.

I don't, I have basically everything turned off since I don't use them all the time. I only turn location services when I want to use Google Maps for example.

Reactions: jrdatrackstar1223

axari

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2017
iPhone 6s battery draining like hell on 12.2, 92% battery capacity, is anyone else having this issue and/or know of a fix?

BBDDVV

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2014
you mean on standby or during use? In standby no battery drain (with 90% battery capacity); while in active use it drains way faster than a new XS (but that's to be expected), but not more than with (recent) earlier versions of iOS.

axari

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2017
you mean on standby or during use? In standby no battery drain (with 90% battery capacity); while in active use it drains way faster than a new XS (but that's to be expected), but not more than with (recent) earlier versions of iOS.
I mean on standby and during use, battery life is worse...
I really miss iOS 10, never had a single issue, nor performance nor battery life.

karideleon

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2019
The Now Playing widget in Control Center doesn't control iHeartRadio in iOS 12.2. No surprises that native apps (Music, Podcasts, iBooks, etc.) also work as expected. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I finally got a Bluetooth head unit for my car and it was working great! Then I updated to 12.2 and boom. Only Apple native apps are showing on my display. Happens on my Apple Watch, too. Only native apps are showing in Now Playing.

aldo82

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2011
iOS12.2 has been awful for me on the XS Max. I have never used any betas and started fresh with the XS Max on 12.0.1. Battery life has always been great - never needing to charge my phone before the end of the day. But since 12.2 my battery life is much worse but is also inconsistent. Some days its fine and other it isn't. I have had Garmin connect drain 30% of my battery in a couple of hours when I have not opened the app at all. So it was running in the background, something I thought iOS prevented. I have also had to stop using youtiube music as my phone gets hot to the touch and the battery life tanks. I have also experienced more general lags and jerks in the animations than on any previous version of iOS 12. I am tempted to try the next beta to get away from this but don't want to risk even more issues. Having said that, I couldn't be that much worse!

MarkSta69

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2017
On my iPhone XS Max I haven’t been getting the weekly screen time usage report on 12.2. I still get it on my iPad Pro 11 but not my iPhone.

Is anyone experiencing this?

Reactions: AMTYVLE
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.