iOS 12.3 safari autofill won't automatically log in

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by Irishappletech, May 23, 2019.

1. Irishappletech macrumors regular

Is anyone else noticing issues with the new safari autofill update sometimes it will autofill the details for me but wont log me in all the way as it should

Thanks

2. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

It depends on website a lot. By far I only see safari auto login working on one site among all sites I visit regularly. Even macrumors site won’t work.

3. Irishappletech thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah I’ve noticed that too. Are you noticing different auto fill login options (please see the pics below) what’s the difference the automatic auto fill only works with the blue one

Attached Files:

4. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

Maybe you want to cover your iCloud email address. Just saying.
    With that being said, I use linked in and Twitter, and I have yet to let safari login either website with autofill without tapping login. I think Safari detects how website deal with that “login” button and simulates that click once Username and password are filled. But I doubt that.

5. Irishappletech thread starter macrumors regular

thanks. thats not my iCloud email I use a gmail for my iCloud so its all good thats just an. iCloud email I use for standard emailing. so are you saying you have to click manually to login after the details are autofilled

Thanks

6. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

Yes. I have to manually click login after autofill.

7. Irishappletech thread starter macrumors regular

8. theapplehead macrumors 6502

theapplehead

It is the same for me as well. Auto fill isn’t automatically signing into anything on my iPhone. However, on my Mac it automatically logs into everything. It doesn’t really make sense, but it isn’t too big a deal, but my battery life is great so I can’t complain.

9. NoBoMac macrumors 68020

NoBoMac

Might depend on device. Recall seeing a thread where FaceID devices are not as smooth as some hope.

10. Irishappletech thread starter macrumors regular

@theapplehead yeah I've seen this too its works great on the Mac. like I can log in to linked in etc but not others, again if you look at the pictures ive attached there seems to be 2 different types of autofill the one with the blue box and the one that appears above the keyboard
    --- Post Merged, May 24, 2019 ---
    see the one showing on linked in with the "use samduffy94" these ones seem to be the only ones that work with this autofill login I don't know why.

Attached Files:

11. theapplehead macrumors 6502

theapplehead

Yeah. I see exactly what you mean. Mine only does the way yours is in the first picture. It refuses to automatically login after Touch ID. I can't figure it out. It is possible it is a bug though, but I don't know.

12. Irishappletech thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah I just found out there that apparently the one appearing above the keyboard isn’t auto fill at all it’s just a suggested password and that’s why it’s not working and only certain websites allow the (use samduffy94@icloud.com) blue box and auto Login if that’s true that explains it. But I find this hard to believe maybe if enough of us report it to apple they will fix it

13. d5aqoëp macrumors 6502a

d5aqoëp

It’s a bug which is bugging me. The autofill details are shown when I tap password field.

14. Irishappletech thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah it’s is annoying. At least it’s not just me. Are the websites logging you in without you clicking login or enter etc. which of the 2 login options are you seeing of the pictures I posted.

Maybe if we all leave feedback they will fix it

15. Irishappletech thread starter macrumors regular

16. d5aqoëp macrumors 6502a

d5aqoëp

17. Irishappletech thread starter macrumors regular

Not for me it’s not. It is still auto filling the details but won’t log me in all the way

18. Irishappletech thread starter macrumors regular

apparently this has to do with the Java script some sites use, thats why it breaks