Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Guys, is there a way to go back to the last beta? This one ruined my phone....
I want to go back to public beta 7
Not really. But what you mean ruined your phone? If that is really the case, I would 'reset all settings' and see if that helps. That will keep your apps and data intact but you will need to set up wifi, wallpaper, Apple Pay, fingerprints, and any specific setting changes you had. But it seems to fix a lot of weird issues when you encounter them.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
It sounds as a hardware problem since you tried almost all possible solutions without any change.

Yep, very strange. Tried DFU to 11 didn't work so arranged an Express Replacement. Ironic as this device is on the Apple Upgrade Program and I'm expecting to give it back to them in a few weeks when the new devices are launched. Oh well.

Nadeem_Guroo

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2017
Thanks for sharing Nadeem_Guroo. From the Build Number 16A5354b, it's the OS 12 beta 7 Build from August 13. He/She wants to go back to Public Beta 7 (which is possible over the air, because released on 20th August) or to Public Beta 6 (which i didn't find a way).
please bear with me,i am not an expert and may be i am being irrelevant but i am not sure,this is the link to the beta released on 20th august for 8plus.
http://updates-http.cdn-apple.com/2...4A6B/iPhone_5.5_P3_12.0_16A5362a_Restore.ipsw

Nadeem_Guroo

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2017
my phone is stuck in recovery mode after a failed update,phone shows connect to itunes,so i successfully updated to ios 11.4.1 but again after completing the update phone boots in recovery mode,tried the ios 12 beta ipsw but nothing happens after selecting the file,i dont know why,i dont have a backup and i dont want to loose my data,whats the way out?

zmon

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2013
Louisiana
So every time I have been plugging my phone in the past year and a half, getting that DING... DING... it means fast charging? I always thought Apple updated something with iOS and what not and made the new ding.. Ugh. Why do they not share these things????

At first I thought something was broken but I was like, can't be broken. New phone, cables are fine, charger is good. Have had several phones, all do the same thing. So I just went with it. Lol
As far as I know, as long as it's a high wattage charger, it'll do that ding ding. I know it never did that with my 12w iPad Pro charger, but with the MBP charger, it does. It dings again at 80% to signal that it's returning to regular charging speed (as I guess it's hard on the battery to use fast charging mode past 80?)

Chazzle

macrumors 68020
Jul 17, 2015
my phone is stuck in recovery mode after a failed update,phone shows connect to itunes,so i successfully updated to ios 11.4.1 but again after completing the update phone boots in recovery mode,tried the ios 12 beta ipsw but nothing happens after selecting the file,i dont know why,i dont have a backup and i dont want to loose my data,whats the way out?
Do you have an iCloud backup? If so, you could setup your phone as new on iOS 11.4.1, then install the iOS 12 beta profile and update OTA. Then you can erase all content and settings and restore from your iOS 12 iCloud backup. If you don’t have a backup at all, at this point there is no recovering your data.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
So you aren't using iTunes or iCloud to backup your device regularly? Hmm and you fooling around with beta firmware and don't have a single backup? Why on earth would you do that? Anyway I would try a hard reset to see if that will get you out of recovery mode. Here is some more info that may help.
https://www.imyfone.com/ios-data-recovery/how-to-get-iphone-out-of-recovery-mode/

Nadeem_Guroo

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2017
Do you have an iCloud backup? If so, you could setup your phone as new on iOS 11.4.1, then install the iOS 12 beta profile and update OTA. Then you can erase all content and settings and restore from your iOS 12 iCloud backup. If you don’t have a backup at all, at this point there is no recovering your data.
i have a default limited icloud storage of 5gb so i have turned off the backup of photos,just to ask why doesn't itunes react when i select ios 12 beta ipsw,if you know

Roy G Biv

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2010
Does beta 9 show as beta 7 when installing it for others? I just enrolled an iPhone and iPad from Apple's site, and they both showed as beta 7 when installing in Settings.

atton

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2016
London, UK
Does beta 9 show as beta 7 when installing it for others? I just enrolled an iPhone and iPad from Apple's site, and they both showed as beta 7 when installing in Settings.

If you are installing the public beta then Beta 7 is correct.

Dev beta is titled Beta 9 but is the same as public beta 7.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Pretty sure you are going have to follow Apple's instructions and download from the link they provide.
it redirects me to the microsoft store,i want to download it directly from the apple server
I’ve been trying the same thing and I’ve only been able to download it from the Microsoft store.
Look further down the page "Looking for other versions" and select Windows. Then make sure you select 64 or 32 bit for your particular version of Windows.

Reactions: Nadeem_Guroo

Nadeem_Guroo

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2017
Latest iTunes wasn’t working for me with iOS 12 IPSW. Version 12.7.5 works, you can find that with Google.
Thanks mate,i have no words to express my gratitude towards you,i was stuck for 8 hours in recovery mode and i was on verge of losing my all important data,my iphone could update to 11.4.1 but would again start in recovery mode untill i was able to select ios 12 ipsw with your said itunes version,all up and running with all the data intact,thanks again.

Reactions: heiskanenej
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.