IOS 12 latest update

Oktober

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
United Kingdom of Great Britain
Hi all,

Since the latest IOS up-date this week (12.1.2), the power button is less sensitive at switching the phone on - you have to hold the power button in for a good few seconds for the phone to boot up. I

Is anyone else experiencing this on their iPhone 8 plus?

Darren

George Knighton

macrumors 65816
Oct 13, 2010
I can’t remember when I first noticed it but, yes, same here on an XS Max.

I didn’t worry about it and just assumed they reverted to the old way because people were powering up inadvertently.

Oktober

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
United Kingdom of Great Britain

I didn’t worry about it and just assumed they reverted to the old way because people were powering up inadvertently.
Glad I am not the only one to experience this.
[doublepost=1545565858][/doublepost]

Glad I am not the only one to experience this.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors 68020
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I also noticed that when I powered my X off, I could see the spinning wheel when I thought my phone was powered off. I would hold the power button and wonder why it took so long to turn back on. Once the spinning wheel was gone, it was quick for my phone to power back on.

golfnut1982

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2014
Chicago, IL
Hi all,

Since the latest IOS up-date this week (12.1.2), the power button is less sensitive at switching the phone on - you have to hold the power button in for a good few seconds for the phone to boot up. I

Is anyone else experiencing this on their iPhone 8 plus?

Darren
Yes, this seems to be true. iPhone 8 here, and longer press needed to start the phone. VERY ANNOYING. Someone decided it was better to do a 5-7 second press to turn on a phone that typically started within a few seconds.

Also for some reason, even though I updated to IOS 12.1.2 OTA, and it was fine for a week, itunes on my mac said I needed an update. So it downloaded the whole thing and updated. Not sure why.

papbot

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2015
Also for some reason, even though I updated to IOS 12.1.2 OTA, and it was fine for a week, itunes on my mac said I needed an update. So it downloaded the whole thing and updated. Not sure why.
There was a different version of iTunes related to Mojave. Fo some reason it picked up the re-release of 12.1.2 even though you didn’t need it. If you had done the update OTA you had the current release. There’s been no official explanation of what occurred but many saw the new version but only through iTunes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.