IOS 12 latest update

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by Oktober, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Oktober macrumors regular

Oktober

Hi all,

Since the latest IOS up-date this week (12.1.2), the power button is less sensitive at switching the phone on - you have to hold the power button in for a good few seconds for the phone to boot up. I

Is anyone else experiencing this on their iPhone 8 plus?

Darren

2. George Knighton macrumors 65816

George Knighton

I can’t remember when I first noticed it but, yes, same here on an XS Max.

I didn’t worry about it and just assumed they reverted to the old way because people were powering up inadvertently.

3. Oktober thread starter macrumors regular

Oktober

Glad I am not the only one to experience this.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 23, 2018 ---
    Glad I am not the only one to experience this.

4. StaceyMJ86 macrumors 68000

StaceyMJ86

I also noticed that when I powered my X off, I could see the spinning wheel when I thought my phone was powered off. I would hold the power button and wonder why it took so long to turn back on. Once the spinning wheel was gone, it was quick for my phone to power back on.

5. golfnut1982 macrumors regular

golfnut1982

Yes, this seems to be true. iPhone 8 here, and longer press needed to start the phone. VERY ANNOYING. Someone decided it was better to do a 5-7 second press to turn on a phone that typically started within a few seconds.

Also for some reason, even though I updated to IOS 12.1.2 OTA, and it was fine for a week, itunes on my mac said I needed an update. So it downloaded the whole thing and updated. Not sure why.

6. papbot macrumors 6502

There was a different version of iTunes related to Mojave. Fo some reason it picked up the re-release of 12.1.2 even though you didn’t need it. If you had done the update OTA you had the current release. There’s been no official explanation of what occurred but many saw the new version but only through iTunes.

7. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge