iOS 12 Password Autofill Help

RodChester

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
I am having trouble with autofill passwords on iOS 12. With iOS 11 when I went to a page that needed a login I would tap on the spot for the login info and then select the stored login data I wanted to sign in with. On iOS 12 when I go to a site sometimes it will pop up with the new autofill prompt. However, there are many sites I go to that have my login info stored and I will not get the new autofill prompt. There is also no way that I can see to choose a stored login and use it. There used to be a prompt along the top of the keyboard to autofill a password but it is now gone. Can someone please help me find out how I can get my stored passwords to work on all sites and not just a few.

RodChester

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Gonna give this a bump. I can’t be the only one who can’t get all their saved passwords to autofill like they should.

Paco II

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2009
I don't know if this is what is happening for you or not, but be sure to tap into the password field. The email or other 'non-secure' type fields will sometimes not trigger the auto fill prompt. That has been my experience.

Gonna give this a bump. I can’t be the only one who can’t get all their saved passwords to autofill like they should.

crookadile

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2013
Rotherham South Yorkshire UK
I’m having a similar problem with just one site I go on. Auto fill only fills in my user name on the site. I always have to input the password manually. When I tried the suggestion above it still only inputs my user name.

RodChester

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Tapping in the password field does not work for me. I get no prompt for autofilling the password. It’s really annoying because two sites I go to a lot, Best Buy and Bullmoose, do not autofill my password. I really hope this gets fixed.

inkahauts

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2014
Have you checked settings to make sure it didn’t get turned off somehow? It’s under accounts and passwords > auto fill....

RodChester

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Have you checked settings to make sure it didn’t get turned off somehow? It’s under accounts and passwords > auto fill....
Yeah, I have autofill turned on. It’s frustrating because it works on some sites and doesn’t on others.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.