Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sharkoneau

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2017
Michigan
I had that on 12.1.2 which was the whole reason I got on the beta for this release. Fixed everything.
Oddly enough, I can't say I've noticed outstanding problems until the latter builds of 12.1.3. Who even knows. Everything gets caught by the spam filter, even from contacts. You basically have to quit Messages to correct it.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
I also believe 12.1.4 as 12 was suppose to be bug fixes and 13 will have new features. As @gwhizkids has stated.
;) I actually think there will be a 12.2. How significant the new features might be, who knows. But Apple does like to throw bones, and I think they will remain true to form, even if its something minor.

christian.terra

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2014
Is it just me or does anyone else think that the fact that there has been almost zero rumors about whats coming in 12.2 indicate 12.1.4 is coming instead? For example, with 11.2 we got apple pay cash and faster wireless charging and 11.3 had battery health, both which had been rumored to be released with the point updates prior to beta release.

Reactions: decypher44

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Is it just me or does anyone else think that the fact that there has been almost zero rumors about whats coming in 12.2 indicate 12.1.4 is coming instead? For example, with 11.2 we got apple pay cash and faster wireless charging and 11.3 had battery health, both which had been rumored to be released with the point updates prior to beta release.
I'm not sure there have been rumors for every x.y release, so hard to say if that's much of an indicator one way or another.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
In several of those cases, the "rumored" features were actually holdout features, promised during WWDC, but not delivered with the major release. But you're correct in that there has been little said about what features might be released before iOS 13. I think the suggestions above about a revamped Airplay or HomeKit stuff might be accurate. Both are major emphases. Perhaps we'll see some Shortcuts improvements (though strictly speaking, Shortcuts is not part of the OS). Location and time based triggers would be nice. We're not likely to see any mind blowing features, though, just iterative stuff, I think.

Last edited:

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
In several of those cases, the "rumored" features were actually holdout features, promised during WWDC, but not delivered with the major release. But you're correct in that there has been little said about what features might be released before iOS 13. I think the suggestions above about a revamped Airplay or HomeKit stuff might be accurate. Both are major emphases. Perhaps we'll see some Shortcuts improvements (though strictly speaking, Shortcuts is not part of the OS). Location and time based triggers would be nice. We're not likely to see any mind blowing features, though, just iterative stuff, I think.

Duh. The new feature for 12.2 is likely to be the Apple Maps updates. It *was* announced earlier in the year but has not appeared yet. And there’s been a lot of apparent background activity concerning Maps over the last few weeks: layers being turned on and off and the like. Culminating in all the layers reverting to “normal” yesterday with the release is 12.1.3 (see https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/new-apple-maps.2125979/page-12#post-27024169).

We’ll know later today.

Reactions: StaceyMJ86

adepew

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2016
iOS X.X releases usually include some kind of major functionality. Are there any major iOS 12 features that haven't been implemented yet? IMO, I think we'll see 12.1.4 with a focus on final improvements and polishing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.