Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

doubletap

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2009
Ashburn, VA
Yeah but in my 11 Pro. I also did the downgrade from 13.3.b1 to 13.2.2 and realized a few hours later that it broke iCloud in the files app. After trying everything I could think of with no fix, I reloaded 13.3.b1 and it started working again.

I wonder if any one else that downgraded without restoring are experiencing this issue?

Anyway, 13.3.b1 is running great so except for some missing headphone graphics, I find it the same or slightly better than 13.2.2.

I had this issue as well. I too downgraded without restoring. To fix it, I turned off iCloud Drive in Settings and then powered off and then back on. Turned on iCloud Drive and now it appears to be working just fine. Took a moment or two for the app to sync with what's out there, but everything appears to be there.

Edit: Heh, didn't realize Vicious.cid replied before I did. Guessing turning off/on all of iCloud might be the better route.

Reactions: CMG91

gwang73

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2009
California
I had this issue as well. I too downgraded without restoring. To fix it, I turned off iCloud Drive in Settings and then powered off and then back on. Turned on iCloud Drive and now it appears to be working just fine. Took a moment or two for the app to sync with what's out there, but everything appears to be there.

Edit: Heh, didn't realize Vicious.cid replied before I did. Guessing turning off/on all of iCloud might be the better route.

I didn't reboot between toggling iCloud on and off, LOL. Much easier than logging out of iCloud completely.

Reactions: CMG91

upnorth85

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2011
MN, USA
My iPhone 11 Pro Max is bricked after the latest update. I did not have beta. Just the public version. I have never had this. There is Apple logo and a rotating circel for a few hours now. Any suggestions what I can do restoration?

uandme72

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2015
Also, if you do have an email notification that doesn’t vanish and you tap on it, it doesn’t take you to the email the way it should. It opens the mail app to the inbox and then freezes for 5-10 seconds before you can do anything else.
I hope you have reported this with screen recordings, because it might not be easy for them to be able to reproduce and identify the issue at their end unless shown.

canesalato

Cancelled
Jan 31, 2010
everyone, i don’t think it’s a great idea, in general to downgrade iOS. And especially from 13.3beta 1 which is essentially a bugfix release and quite stable. You risk getting the opposite effect (instability). And when iCloud is involved things get scary quite fast (a blackbox where you have no control)

Last edited:

mszilard

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2012
Does anybody have this bug? Only happening with dark mode enabled

Attachments

• EA50B48F-E4FA-4F32-B429-5C0F42E89B13.png
    EA50B48F-E4FA-4F32-B429-5C0F42E89B13.png
    831.1 KB · Views: 197

sojer2005

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2007
I installed iOS 13.2.2 on iPhone and iPad. Unfortunately, the synchronization of browsing history between devices is still not working properly. That is, pages visited on the iPad do not appear in the browsing history on the iPhone and vice versa. Do you have a similar problem?
I have reset both devices and installed iOS via restore. Log out from iCloud, log in again. No changes...

Handoff and open Safari tabs in the iCloud are working fine between devices.

Last edited:
Reactions: BiscoDino

MCKLMT

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2018
France
Has anyone issues with SMS on CarPlay? I never encountered this kind of issues before. Siri seems to encounter signal issues and fails to read or send messages.

kurus

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2018

I confirm the same I did with icloud drive and it works fine :)
After the downgrade, icloud photos were still updating, but everything went smoothly.
What I lost is the battery statistics, but that's not a problem.
I am very happy with this ios version, the mail application also works correctly for me.

If you had a backup in icloud from version 13.3b1 before lowering, after lowering it will not make a copy for you because of the newer version.

Just delete (disable) the backup from icloud and enable again and all this will work correctly :)

Last edited:

Donnation

Suspended
Nov 2, 2014
I confirm the same I did with icloud drive and it works fine :)
After the downgrade, icloud photos were still updating, but everything went smoothly.
What I lost is the battery statistics, but that's not a problem.
I am very happy with this ios version, the mail application also works correctly for me.

If you had a backup in icloud from version 13.3b1 before lowering, after lowering it will not make a copy for you because of the newer version.

Just delete (disable) the backup from icloud and enable again and all this will work correctly :)

Can you be a little more specific here? What do we need to do after a downgrade from the beta to get everything working properly again?

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
I installed iOS 13.2.2 on iPhone and iPad. Unfortunately, the synchronization of browsing history between devices is still not working properly. That is, pages visited on the iPad do not appear in the browsing history on the iPhone and vice versa. Do you have a similar problem?
I have reset both devices and installed iOS via restore. Log out from iCloud, log in again. No changes...

Handoff and open Safari tabs in the iCloud are working fine between devices.
That issue with Safari History syncing began for me with the release of 13.0. I have 4 devices signed into my iCloud account, MacBook Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 7, and an iPad Pro. the MacBook Pro and iPhone 11 sync properly, every site visited on one of them, or the other two, shows up on the other. But none of the sites show up on the ipad or iPhone 7. I’ve installed the beta of 13.3 on the ipad and several other bugs were fixed but this one remains.

Reactions: sojer2005

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
I installed it on my phone last night and iPad Mini this morning. Mail is faster in loading the headers and email bodies. In the past, it could take a long time to load email bodies or sometimes they never loaded.

Notes is still broken. Syncs take a long time or sometimes they just don't happen (I have to copy text from one device to another manually).

Bluetooth is still a little flaky - connections aren't so automatic and there are drops. This started happening with 13.

So some improvement I think. I wish that they would fix Notes - I'm doing workarounds to compensate. I wish that they'd fix Bluetooth as well. These two are just minor nuisances right now.

CamiMR

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
So far so good on my 11 Pro, haven’t encountered any issues yet.

Maybe not directly related to iOS , but has anyone managed to get Voice Recognition to work on the HomePod?

It recognises my voice, but my partner (who’s part of iCloud Family, and also running 13.2.2 on her iPhone X) can’t get it to work.

On her Home app, she gets the prompt to add her voice, says the 5 Hey Siri dialogue things, but then nothing happens after that, the same prompt appears again like it hasn’t been done, and the HomePod still doesn’t recognise her...

This was the one HomePod feature I’ve been waiting since buying it on release day, quite annoying I can’t get it to work!

kobby2k6

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2018
Northern Virginia
I am still on on IOS 13.1.1 on my iPhone Xs (due to complaints of Ram issues and battery life which are crucial to me) . Ram management works perfectly fine along with the battery on my Xs. Would you guys recommend this upgrade? My biggest worries are the ram management and I want to make sure they are fixed before upgrading.

fastbagger

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2015
After updating to 2.2 my 8 plus is having issues with messages. The app is crashing and has a pause and flicker when first opens. Worst update of all.

BarrettF77

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2015
My iPhone 11 Pro Max is bricked after the latest update. I did not have beta. Just the public version. I have never had this. There is Apple logo and a rotating circel for a few hours now. Any suggestions what I can do restoration?

Your device is NOT bricked. Bricked is what happened last week with the HomePods and there was nothing that could be done but service/replacement with Apple. You have the option of plugging the phone in and going into DFU mode and restoring from a backup. It's always good too do a backup before doing ANY kind of update from Apple as they tend to test things IN PRODUCTION.

I don't trust their development cycles anymore. Those on full release software have elected to NOT BE beta testers. But there is a lot of this going around with all software companies this fall it seems. Prefer to wait for stable than rush something broken.

Reactions: Arni99 and newellj

Donnation

Suspended
Nov 2, 2014
I did that on both my phones and my iCloud photos library on both devices are stuck at “Restoring from iCloud...” Can you check if yours is doing that?

Yes, thank you for pointing this out as it is doing this. Did you happen to find a fix for it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.