Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

lucasrant

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2008
Delete the beta profile and then connect your phone to iTunes. Once you do that, click shift - option - Update software and then choose the update file. It will take around 10-15 minutes and then you will be updated to 13.2.2. I did it and it does not cause any problems.

Thanks!!

Sam in SoCal

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2019
I really hope that battery life is good on this one
I’ve gotten insane battery life on my 11 pro max on iOS 13.2.2 so far. Over an hour and half of screen on time with only a 1% drain. Location services are off, exchange mail has push off and set to fetch manually. Background app refresh is off. Dark mode is enabled

Attachments

• 1A991A84-5492-494D-B29D-CAE002390A3C.png
    1A991A84-5492-494D-B29D-CAE002390A3C.png
    901.6 KB · Views: 124
  • 89B372E6-E5DD-45EE-B3FB-C4A98C3C2FFA.png
    89B372E6-E5DD-45EE-B3FB-C4A98C3C2FFA.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 148

monnyblack1

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2016
meridian ms
I’ve gotten insane battery life on my 11 pro max on iOS 13.2.2 so far. Over an hour and half of screen on time with only a 1% drain. Location services are off, exchange mail has push off and set to fetch manually. Background app refresh is off. Dark mode is enabled

Ok I have a iPhone 11 pro max also I’m on iOS 13.1.2. I just hate to update and it be a bad experience

Sam in SoCal

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2019
Ok I have a iPhone 11 pro max also I’m on iOS 13.1.2. I just hate to update and it be a bad experience
Depending on your settings. If you have everything set up like mine with the brightness level shown in the second picture you should get something like my experience. Just remember that for at least a day there’s gonna be some battery drain because of the indexing. You have to wait till like the second or third day

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
New item
IPad Mini 4
Updated to 13.2.2 and the device lost Apple ID info. Found out when went to update in App Store.
Adding id and password back in, device refused to accept the confirmation code. After a reboot all worked okay.

Cause: unknown.

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
it sounds like this is finally a solid release from comments, or am I being optimistic?

I have had unbelievable troubles with the Mail app. With 13.2 and 13.2.2 I am cautiously thinking that Mail may now be working more or less as expected, in terms of downloads, notifications, etc. I use the native Mail app with Gmail, iCloud and corporate Exchange/ActivSync email. But 13 has been a $h!tshow so I am holding my breath while crossing my fingers and knocking on wood.

brucemr

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2019
I have had unbelievable troubles with the Mail app. With 13.2 and 13.2.2 I am cautiously thinking that Mail may now be working more or less as expected, in terms of downloads, notifications, etc. I use the native Mail app with Gmail, iCloud and corporate Exchange/ActivSync email. But 13 has been a $h!tshow so I am holding my breath while crossing my fingers and knocking on wood.

Hope Mail is fixed for you. I’ve not had any problems but my Mail (outlook email) use case is simpler than yours.

Only bug I am aware I still have is that Mail crashes every time when long press then forward an email from the inbox. If had not seen on a post would never have found it, as typically open and read an email before forwarding it.

Reactions: newellj

coffeeplease

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2019
Battery life is awesome on this! Outlook seems to restart often but everything else is fine in regards to RAM management.

Isamilis

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2012
Finally pulled trigger to update my iPad Air 3 from 13.1.3. One thing I noticed, double tap on Safari increase page zoom (back to pre 13.x). Very good thing indeed.

VineRider

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2018
Finally pulled trigger to update my iPad Air 3 from 13.1.3. One thing I noticed, double tap on Safari increase page zoom (back to pre 13.x). Very good thing indeed.
This still doesn’t work for me. Not sure what the deal is but it worked before iOS 13. I’m on 13.2.2 and no joy on any of my devices

edit- it does work. Just not on the macrumors forum site

vicious.cid

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2010
Hope Mail is fixed for you. I’ve not had any problems but my Mail (outlook email) use case is simpler than yours.

Only bug I am aware I still have is that Mail crashes every time when long press then forward an email from the inbox. If had not seen on a post would never have found it, as typically open and read an email before forwarding it.

I can confirm this. How can we report bugs on official releases? Here?

Reactions: brucemr

TL24

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2011

Sorry but what’s the point of having a smart phone if all you’re going to do is turn off everything? I don’t turn off ANYTHING and I have amazing battery life with my 11 Pro.

I simply don’t understand why some people obsess with having the longest battery life as possible. Regardless of what you’re doing through the day you have the chance to at least charge your phone for a minimum of 30 mins wit fast charge, that’s at least 50% right there alone.

Freakonomics101

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2014
I think so too. I'm not sure if the mail issue was a bug or a side-effect of another bug but much faster mail loading may mean that something that was consuming a lot of cycles isn't now.

Battery life was awesome today with my 11 Pro. Noticeable difference from 13.2.

GfPQqmcRKUvP

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2005
Terminus

Mail is still terrible for me. I’m getting the bug where searching for an email locks up the entire application.

brucemr

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2019
I can confirm this. How can we report bugs on official releases? Here?

I guess you can yes.

For the earlier iOS 13 problem I had (not related to Mail) I called support, complete with them downloading logs, screen shots, passing questions from engineers to me, etc. Ended up being magically fixed in subsequent iOS release.

Sam in SoCal

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2019
Sorry but what’s the point of having a smart phone if all you’re going to do is turn off everything? I don’t turn off ANYTHING and I have amazing battery life with my 11 Pro.

I simply don’t understand why some people obsess with having the longest battery life as possible. Regardless of what you’re doing through the day you have the chance to at least charge your phone for a minimum of 30 mins wit fast charge, that’s at least 50% right there alone.
Well I’m not really doing anything to stunt my experience. I turn on location services for navigation purposes only, otherwise for me it doesn’t need to be on. As far as email, I don’t get much so I just fetch manually.

Last edited:

uandme72

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2015

I too face this.

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015

I totally agree. I pay what I do for these phones because I want these functions and services. If I didn‘t or had no need for them I would save a lot of money and just buy a Jitterbug or some flip phone, if I could find one. What I have, currently an 11 Pro Max, works perfectly, except for the iOS 13 issues, with great battery life with almost all functions turned on and enabled.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.