Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Signs of new Powerbeats 4 wireless earphones were found in the iOS 13.3 beta back in December, and in today's iOS 13.3.1 software release, there are a few icons that depict the design of the new earbuds.

Based on the artwork in the update, the Powerbeats 4 will feature a design that's a cross between the current Powerbeats3 earbuds and the Powerbeats Pro wireless earbuds.

powerbeats4icon.jpg

The Powerbeats 4 appear to have a more curved design that's similar to the Powerbeats Pro, with the same angled in-ear fit and wraparound earhooks. The Powerbeats 4, like the Powerbeats 3, will not be wire-free, though, and a wire is depicted trailing down from the bottom of the earhook.

That will be a bit of different fit and feel than the current Powerbeats 3 earbuds, which have a cord attached to the opposite side of the earhooks. Powerbeats 4 are still Bluetooth, but the wire connects them to one another.

beats-comp-2.jpg
Powerbeats Pro icon on left, new Powerbeats 4 icon in middle, Powerbeats 3 icon on right​

We can expect the Powerbeats4 to offer the same features that have been added to modern earbuds like the AirPods 2, AirPods Pro, and Powerbeats Pro such as an H1 chip for improved connectivity and 'Hey Siri" and "Announce Messages with Siri" support.

Powerbeats 4 will likely be close to identical to the Powerbeats Pro, but with a wire and a more affordable price tag. Apple charges $249.95 for the Powerbeats Pro, and $199.95 for the Powerbeats3. It's likely the Powerbeats 4 will be priced similarly to Powerbeats3.

There's no word on when Apple plans to release the Powerbeats 4, but a launch could come soon as the artwork is in place in the iOS 13.3.1 software.

Article Link: iOS 13.3.1 Includes Images Featuring Upcoming Powerbeats 4 Earphones

Last edited:
Reactions: MrUNIMOG

Baymowe335

Suspended
Oct 6, 2017
Wearables are coming in so strong and this just adds to it.

Cant wait to see the number later today.

AppleHealth

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2019
Nice, I have a paid of PowerBeats 3 & Beats Solo Pro’s and they are both good products. The new Beats Solo Pros seem to be significantly better built and better audio then my PowerBeats 3 though. Defo going to pick up the PB4 OR PBPro later this year!

Excited to see what these offer!

tooloud10

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2012
I don’t want a wire, no matter what. I’m not worried about my pros falling out of my ears, and the wire just makes it more complicated to carry around.

fidel23

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2020
FEDERAL 40 made of real ammunition looks much better. Better sound quality than Beats.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.