Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

KoolAid-Drink

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2013
USA
Not sure if its because of iOS 13.5 but I just had about 17 apps asking to be updated again even though they're the same version as the ones I already updated a few days ago.
Same. Some app updates are from ~2 weeks ago. Got more than 15 updates today!

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
Some on twitter and reddit are also having this issue. Looks like it may be a server problem with apple.
Huh, I just noticed this too.

I'm starting to think a signing certificate expired and that might be the reason why some people were recently having problems launching apps. They might be issuing these updates to fix that issue.

Reactions: sbailey4 and gank41

gank41

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2008
Yeah, I just came here to post that I checked on my iPhone and iPad Pro and am seeing 35+ updates for each device, and some of the updates are from 2-4 days ago. And the Mail app is probably worse now than it was in 13.4.1, which is too darn bad. After all this time the Mail app was really working well for me. I’m not seeing my iCloud Mailbox update at all on my iPhone or my iPad. I can go to iCloud.com and delete one of my emails and it immediately deletes on my MacBook. And same goes for deleting an email on my MacBook, it’s reflected pretty quickly on The web. Meanwhile the Mail app on my iPhone & iPad still keeps showing Updating. I can go to any of my other accounts folders and they update immediately. What a rip man.

Last edited:

prithvi64

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2017
Same. Some app updates are from ~2 weeks ago. Got more than 15 updates today!

Same to me. Got around 15 updates today. 13.5 has made some Apps unstable and crashing frequently on XS. I did reinstall ios once more but even then apps are crashing. More surprise, these apps are working fine on XR.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Yeah, I just came here to post that I checked on my iPhone and iPad Pro and am seeing 35+ updates for each device, and some of the updates are from 2-4 days ago. And the Mail app is probably worse now than it was in 13.4.1, which is too darn bad. After all this time the Mail app was really working well for me. I’m not seeing my iCloud Mailbox update at all on my iPhone or my iPad. I can go to iCloud.com and delete one of my emails and it immediately deletes on my MacBook. And same goes for deleting an email on my MacBook, it’s reflected pretty quickly on The web. Meanwhile the Mail app on my iPhone & iPad still keeps showing Updating. I can go to any of my other accounts folders and they update immediately. What a rip man.
If it just your iCloud acct having issues and not your other accounts then it sounds more like an Apple server issue rather than the mail app to me. If it were the mail app then all accts would most likely be having issues.

gank41

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2008
If it just your iCloud acct having issues and not your other accounts then it sounds more like an Apple server issue rather than the mail app to me. If it were the mail app then all accts would most likely be having issues.

Yeah, it’s just the iCloud account. I’ve also got 3 gmail accounts, a Yahoo account, and an IMAP account setup. I can turn off mail in my iCloud settings and then Mail works great. As soon as I turn iCloud mail back on, issues return.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Yeah, it’s just the iCloud account. I’ve also got 3 gmail accounts, a Yahoo account, and an IMAP account setup. I can turn off mail in my iCloud settings and then Mail works great. As soon as I turn iCloud mail back on, issues return.
Wonder if its related to the app updates issue? Seems Apple is having multiple issues with their services for the past few days.

gank41

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2008
Wonder if its related to the app updates issue? Seems Apple is having multiple issues with their services for the past few days.

I noticed my issue almost immediately after updating to iOS 13.5 and iPadOS 13.5, though. It’s possible that it’s all connected. What I’ve noticed in the past is that there’s sync issues with iOS until macOS gets updated. At least from what Ive seen in my own experiences. I’m surprised they haven’t released an update there yet. Probably this week, but I guess speculating is for another post...

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
Battery Life Experience

Mine, not yours. ;) I am noticing a greater drain overnight when idle than with prior versions. I'm losing 6, 8 or 10 percentage points overnight with nothing running, compared to maybe 3-4 with 13.4.1 and earlier. Nothing obvious is going on when I look at battery usage.

gank41

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2008
Battery Life Experience

Mine, not yours. ;) I am noticing a greater drain overnight when idle than with prior versions. I'm losing 6, 8 or 10 percentage points overnight with nothing running, compared to maybe 3-4 with 13.4.1 and earlier. Nothing obvious is going on when I look at battery usage.

I’m also seeing some more than normal battery drain. I was at 100% when I woke up this morning around 3 hours ago. Other than checking some email, scrolling thru Twitter, and catching up on my RSS feed, nothing out of the ordinary. As I write this I’m at 80%. I’m usually at 80% around lunchtime or so.

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2016
Battery Life Experience

Same. However, even with previous versions I was getting high drainage. But not this high.

gank41

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2008
Here is a crazy one.
Post in this forum contains a link (covid info).
I can open it on my MB, my Thinkpad, but it locks up Safari (IPP 11 2020 13.5) evry time I try this morning. Only have 5 tabs open, all in this Forum.

Will play around and see what I can do to get it to work.

I was able to get to that link fine on my iPhone 11 Pro Max. I’ve got that same iPad, I can check in a bit.

Reactions: dk001

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
I was able to get to that link fine on my iPhone 11 Pro Max. I’ve got that same iPad, I can check in a bit.

I wiped my task manager. It would load but locked up Safari within a few seconds.
Next I rebooted. That seems to have helped. I can view and scroll it.

I looked in Analytics but don’t see any corresponding entry.

Either way, I can now view the link. Thx for checking!!

Reactions: gank41

VineRider

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2018
Anyone seeing excessive background app activity in battery settings? Speedtest, Best Buy, and Fox News app are all using constant background activity since updating to 13.5. This is happening on my iPhone and two iPads.

If I do not force close them, they are active in the background 100% of the time according to the battery usage in settings

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Anyone seeing excessive background app activity in battery settings? Speedtest, Best Buy, and Fox News app are all using constant background activity since updating to 13.5. This is happening on my iPhone and two iPads.

If I do not force close them, they are active in the background 100% of the time according to the battery usage in settings

I do have the Best Buy app and am not seeing much background.
Only place I see it is YouTube Music and GBoard - but those I expect.

JetBlack7

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2011
Portugal
This has been a pretty solid release for me; my phone feels faster and more stable than ever.

Hopefully those little iCloud quirks I've had have been resolved. (My most common one is sharing a photo I just took from Photos.app and having it hang with the circular download progress indicator even though the photo should already be on my device since I just took it.)
Same here. Did a clean install, no backup. Battery is pretty solid, especially on standby. Faster, smoother, no issues. Super satisfied with 13.5

JetBlack7

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2011
Portugal
Battery Life Experience

Strange. My experience was the opposite. I lost 1% from 2AM to 11AM.

class77

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
My husband and I are both experiencing severe battery drain since updating to 13.5, especially iPad OS on two different iPad models

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.