All Devices iOS 13.5 ― Bug Fixes, Changes, and Improvements

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.

VineRider

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2018
My husband and I are both experiencing severe battery drain since updating to 13.5, especially iPad OS on two different iPad models
check in settings/battery and see if you have an app that is constantly running in the background.

Comment

McRumour

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2013
FINDER BACK-UP

After updating MY iPad Mini 4 to iOS 13.5 my iPad fails to appear in Finder when connected to my MacBook Pro
(Catalina 10.15.4).

I want to do an iPad back-up to my computer (not to iCloud).
The device does appear when I open System Report ->System Information -> USB...so obviously, despite Finder failing to show it - it is being recognised by my MacBook when it's attached.

Have not had this happen after updating my iPhone. I backed it up, using Finder, with no issue.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Any ideas about what to do to resolve it? Thanks....

Comment

sparksd

macrumors 68040
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
Anyone seeing excessive background app activity in battery settings? Speedtest, Best Buy, and Fox News app are all using constant background activity since updating to 13.5. This is happening on my iPhone and two iPads.

If I do not force close them, they are active in the background 100% of the time according to the battery usage in settings
I have all 3 of those apps and don't see any usage, 13.5, XS Max & 2018 12.9 Pro.

Comment

bolack

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2016
Anyone seeing excessive background app activity in battery settings? Speedtest, Best Buy, and Fox News app are all using constant background activity since updating to 13.5. This is happening on my iPhone and two iPads.

If I do not force close them, they are active in the background 100% of the time according to the battery usage in settings
Same issue here, but with different apps since the update. On my iPhone XS Max and iPad Pro 2020. Apps show background activities even if I´m not using my devices. Battery shows activities under the Screen Off section. Background refresh is off on both devices.

Comment

TL24

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2011
I’ve made a few posts about this when I couldn’t figure out the issue but why the hell has Apple not fixed “View Full HDR” for Photos? It’s blowing out the highlights and adding unnecessary sharpness to bright photos. I was going insane trying to figure out WHY my photos looked so bad while viewing them but not when editing them in Lightroom and VSCO.

The need to tone it down, blowing out the highlights is not what this feature should be doing.

Comment

gwhizkids

macrumors 603
Jun 21, 2013
My husband and I are both experiencing severe battery drain since updating to 13.5, especially iPad OS on two different iPad models
Do you happen to have Magic Keyboards attached? I’m experiencing the same and have been since getting the MK.

Reactions: gank41
Comment

Lincoln84

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2020
Battery life has taken a hit on iphone 7 plus(battery health 97%). 20 minutes of wifi browsing and 10%-15% of battery gone.

Comment

Driver_3

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2020
Since updating ota to 13.5 I have noticed random apps to have background use in battery stats. I even restored 13.5 in iTunes but the problem still existed. I finally restored back to 13.4.1 which is still signed.

Comment

GBstoic

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2016
Not sure if its because of iOS 13.5 but I just had about 17 apps asking to be updated again even though they're the same version as the ones I already updated a few days ago.
Don’t think it’s iOS. I found the same on iTunes yesterday. I downloaded 50 updated apps and when I tried copying them to my backup folder they had the same version numbers as ones I had backed up 5 days earlier.

Reactions: gwhizkids
Comment

gwhizkids

macrumors 603
Jun 21, 2013
Don’t think it’s iOS. I found the same on iTunes yesterday. I downloaded 50 updated apps and when I tried copying them to my backup folder they had the same version numbers as ones I had backed up 5 days earlier.
Yes. This has been reported upon by MR and other outlets.

Comment
Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.