Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chefwong

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
On Gen 1 IPP and Gen 2 IPP, I have called Apple Support and they have told me that IOS does not do -adaptive charging- on the IP. Adaptive charging is a toggle option on the phone. I did not see such -toggle charging- on the IP.

However what led me to the inquiry was I feel like since IOS 13, the IPP does do Adaptive Charging. Sometimes it will show 100% and then it will drop to 80'ish percent, etc - aka, basically similar to what adaptive charging does do when -enabled- on the iPhone.

Am I going crazy, seeing what appears to be Adaptive Charging on the IPP even though Apple is saying it is not even a function on the iPads

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
On Gen 1 IPP and Gen 2 IPP, I have called Apple Support and they have told me that IOS does not do -adaptive charging- on the IP. Adaptive charging is a toggle option on the phone. I did not see such -toggle charging- on the IP.

However what led me to the inquiry was I feel like since IOS 13, the IPP does do Adaptive Charging. Sometimes it will show 100% and then it will drop to 80'ish percent, etc - aka, basically similar to what adaptive charging does do when -enabled- on the iPhone.

Am I going crazy, seeing what appears to be Adaptive Charging on the IPP even though Apple is saying it is not even a function on the iPads
I can't find any information about adaptive charging for Apple devices.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Where do you find the toggle on your iPhone?

I think the OP means to say optimised charging.

b352d3a5bd92419b74985f0511559ca5.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.