Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
in iOS 13 beta in mail up when I select ALL email is only gives me an ootion to mark them mark email as UN read? Wtf happen to an option when you select all and mark it as read

Well you know what to do then don’t you! Unless you’ve done it already of course.

The email app is still a total mess. Really hoping it will improve with the next update.

Reactions: dk001

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
This might’ve been posted, but if you tap a link in Messages for any longer than like 10 milliseconds, it doesn’t open. It thinks you’re doing a long press. You need to tap it as fast as humanly possible for it to open.

sreecharan

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2016
There is a new bug when you airdrop photos from one phone to another. The receiving phone photos are all blurred.

Only when you restart your phone the issue gets resolved.

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
Why are so many apps asking me for a Bluetooth connection?

Previously those same apps were requesting and getting Bluetooth access in the background without your consent. Usually this was used to approximate your location. Now when they request that access from the system the user has to consent (or not).

Reactions: stoopkidblues

paulg1981

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2014
Just wanted say that I had to fresh install (screen replacement) and my battery is doing much better after a fresh install of beta 5. Set up my watch as new as well and not having issues with group messaging on it any longer either! Just my two cents.

dotnet

macrumors 68000
Apr 10, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Developer beta 4 and now 5 have both completely removed all my music that lives on my phone. A few days after updating, it’s just 100% gone. It does this with syncing on and off. Either way, this happens after a day or two.

Has the storage space been released, does it show as available again?

I thought I had a similar issue, but it turns out mine is different.

I lost all music from within the SigmaTunes ST-1 Pro app (a high quality DSD and FLAC player). The app lets you copy music files via Airplay or iTunes into its own space, and also shows iTunes library tracks that have been downloaded and are DRM free.

Both the locally stored and the Music library files disappeared from view, even though the app was still using the same amount of data as before, and the Music library tracks were still very much downloaded and could be played using the Music app.

The first issue turned out to be some bug or incompatibility – after changing the character encoding and back to what it was, the music files popped back into view. The second issue is still a mystery, iTunes library files remain gone from ST-1 Pro. I've contacted the dev of the app.

Brandonlowsk

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2018
Just wanted say that I had to fresh install (screen replacement) and my battery is doing much better after a fresh install of beta 5. Set up my watch as new as well and not having issues with group messaging on it any longer either! Just my two cents.
Before that battery life how?

paulg1981

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2014
Before that battery life how?
Battery before the clean install was about half what it is now. Sorry I don’t have data for you but I promise you it is much improved. Off the charger yesterday at 10:30am and at 10:30pm I was at 52% with 3.5 hours of screen time.

ps xs max

Reactions: decypher44

Dwood1970

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2012
Judging by all of your posts, you’ve had no luck whatsoever with iOS 13 beta. Why don’t you go back to iOS 12 until the GM is out? Hopefully you’ve reported all the issues you’re having too?

I wouldnt agree based on my experience that it is so unstable. My experience for the most part has been good. I haven’t had a respring in 2 weeks but hey everyone is different. Of course there are bugs but nothing that is a deal breaker for me

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
I wouldnt agree based on my experience that it is so unstable. My experience for the most part has been good. I haven’t had a respring in 2 weeks but hey everyone is different. Of course there are bugs but nothing that is a deal breaker for me

Me neither. It’s really good for me all except email

Reactions: Dwood1970

IowaLynn

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2015
Always interesting to do bare clean install and only native apps, no restore, then test and add apps individually and gradually. Rather than on top of update over update and all the 3rd party.

Yes, GM has to be safe to install over 12.4 user systems. One person reported their issues with battery drain went away, a other the crashing all stopped.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Always interesting to do bare clean install and only native apps, no restore, then test and add apps individually and gradually. Rather than on top of update over update and all the 3rd party.

Yes, GM has to be safe to install over 12.4 user systems. One person reported their issues with battery drain went away, a other the crashing all stopped.

BTDTBTTS.
Did the OTA.
Did the Clean install and restore.
Did the Clean install and manually add.

Fixed some things, broke others. Some things changed without changing anything.
It does work for some folk. It doesn't for others. :(

iOS 13 is pretty darn good. However there are some issue which while not 100% for all users does cause issues.

XS MAX on iOS 13 PB4

Reactions: decypher44

sledgehammer89

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2009
When pressing CMD-F key with Smart Keyboard (iPad Pro 10.5") for search, type what you want to search and then press again CMD key, Safari webpage zooms in! CMD - 0 (zero) for default size. Very annoying. At least since Developer Beta 4.

appleman3000

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2019
My battery seems to be doing better with iOS 13 PB4.. Wish I could say the same for my watch.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-05 at 3.48.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-05 at 3.48.56 PM.png
    484.2 KB · Views: 259
  • Screen Shot 2019-08-05 at 3.49.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-05 at 3.49.33 PM.png
    467 KB · Views: 302

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
BTDTBTTS.
Did the OTA.
Did the Clean install and restore.
Did the Clean install and manually add.

Fixed some things, broke others. Some things changed without changing anything.
It does work for some folk. It doesn't for others. :(

iOS 13 is pretty darn good. However there are some issue which while not 100% for all users does cause issues.

XS MAX on iOS 13 PB4

Here is an example of "it changed and I have no clue why ..." :D
I have posted previous example showing how the Unread totals in stock email are incorrect, and All Inbox unread shows incorrectly once all emails have been read. LINK

This morning, likely caused by my complete reset and redo of PB4 on my XS Max. Today, this morning, that all changed.
I opened stock email, the total email unread in the accounts no longer matched the total posted in All Inboxes. This was new.
IMG-3231.PNG
So I went ahead and read all my unread emails. The accounts now show empty. Now, All Inbox unread total is correct.
IMG-3232.PNG
However, now my GMail app is having issues. It shows the number of unread in the Badge which matches the actual number of unreads. But ... ;) After reading all the emails, the app badge doesn't change. Even if I manually refresh. I have to kill it in the task manager to get the correct value.
IMG-3233.PNG IMG-3234.PNG

Fixed one thing, broke something else :(

Loke2112

macrumors regular
May 11, 2011
3 blocks off the Atlantic
I am thinking about installing the beta on my X which is my only phone and my daily driver that I rely on for work.

Is it still too risky or is it stable enough at this point. Cellular connection and notifications have to be spot on for my purposes.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
I am thinking about installing the beta on my X which is my only phone and my daily driver that I rely on for work.

Is it still too risky or is it stable enough at this point. Cellular connection and notifications have to be spot on for my purposes.

Probably, given that you require it to be 100% fully functional for your job. What may be a minor annoyance for me or others could well be a "show-stopper" for your situation. Why risk it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.