HomeKit iOS 13 Home app's dumb combined devices

bripab007

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 12, 2009
For reference: https://9to5mac.com/2019/08/20/homekit-ios-13/

I can understand to some degree why Apple made this decision, but in practice, it's more frustrating to me than beneficial. The biggest issue is with my Logitech Harmony (via Homebridge) activities: the new Home app has combined all seven or eight of my activities into one switch randomly named after one of the activities, all presented in a giant, scrolling eight-switch combination tile. Lame.

bbednarz

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2017
Chicago
I prefer the change due to my setup. The Hue motion sensors don't need to take up 3 separate tiles. For some devices I can see it being a pain. I am sure there will be a toggle implemented at some point.

Reactions: Solver

Solver

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
USA
I prefer the change due to my setup. The Hue motion sensors don't need to take up 3 separate tiles. For some devices I can see it being a pain. I am sure there will be a toggle implemented at some point.
A toogle is good. I do hope Apple realizes that this feature should be based on the individual’s needs and not one need for everyone.

Itinj24

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2017
New York
I have two Aqara Gateways that I use as a security alarm. This new iOS13 feature removed the Alarm icon that shows whether it’s armed or disarmed and replaced with the integrated nightlight icon. Can’t even switch which icon is displayed in favorites. Now I have to tap on the icon to see if the alarm is on or off. The quick glance was aces before. It used to show a nice alarm icon that looked like this-🚨 and highlighted if it was on with text that said “away” and subdued the icon if it was off with text that said “off”

Should at the very least allow you to select which one of the sensors to show as a quick glance in the favorites.

No good...

Last edited:
Reactions: Solver