Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Abhinav12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 26, 2021
I don’t know why apple not address any battery drain issue and heating issue on 11 series . In ios 14.6 there is battery drain and heating issue its so frustating now . After release of Ios 14 officially battery drain and heating issue in every version of ios14. On other side there is no such issue on 12 series. Why its not fix?

Reactions: Liam06824

Abhinav12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 26, 2021
I went to apple service center and check my device there is no issue in hardware or battery. In 11 series there is a issue in battery drain and heating compartment. Do you have 11 series model?

Samdh90

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2021
Today I had an episode of heating and draining the battery on my iPhone 12 Pro Max while browsing Safari. iOS 14.6.
I am still one of the lucky ones that are running 14.4.2, so I can't test personally but other reports are mentioning Safari. I wonder if it would help if one uses a different browser. Ex. Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Brave, Ext. Might be similar but maybe the issue is in Safari itself. Have you tried clearing all of the safari junk?

Reactions: BR4DOKYBrazil

BR4DOKYBrazil

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2018
Londrina - PR / Brazil
I am still one of the lucky ones that are running 14.4.2, so I can't test personally but other reports are mentioning Safari. I wonder if it would help if one uses a different browser. Ex. Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Brave, Ext. Might be similar but maybe the issue is in Safari itself. Have you tried clearing all of the safari junk?
So far it hasn't happened again. If it happens again, I'll test other browsers. Yes, I had cleared the Safari cache before this bug occurred.

Reactions: Samdh90
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.