• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

jglove42

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2015
It looks like the Apple News app widget was stripped down to only show “topics”, whereas beta 1 had the additional option to show “Top Stories”. Has anyone figured out how to get the “Top Stories” to display on the widget? I could care less about topics.

Ansath

macrumors 68020
Jun 9, 2018
England
It looks like the Apple News app widget was stripped down to only show “topics”, whereas beta 1 had the additional option to show “Top Stories”. Has anyone figured out how to get the “Top Stories” to display on the widget? I could care less about topics.

Both have always been available. It seems though, that changing an existing one has broken in Beta 2. You can choose between them when adding a new news widget still though. When you add, swipe through, you should have 3 sizes of Topic and 3 of Top Stories/Today'. Just tested this in Beta 2 and that functionality its still there.

Reactions: jglove42
Comment

jglove42

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2015
Mine was definitely glitchy. After a hard reset I got it to finally work. It just wasn’t giving me more than 3 widget options like I was used to!

Comment

dmccloud

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2009
Anchorage, AK

My stack was only showing weather and calendar, so I removed it and readded it. Now my stack includes Weather, Photos, Top Stories, Podcasts, Apple Music, and Stocks - all without my actually adding or removing anything.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.