Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
One thing I have been noticing on my 13PM, I am seeing a lot more “XXm background” under battery. Even apps that are killed or never showed this in the past. Apps I haven’t used in a week. Wish iOS had a background summary or total.

My battery life is very good.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Listening to YouTube Music on IPP11 using APP.
Call came in on 13PM - APP picked it up no problem - switched from IPP.
Once call ended, APP switched back to IPP however music stayed paused. When manually restarted music, APP switched from Noise Cancellation to Transparency.

Has now happened 2x this morning.

Feedback reported.

Reactions: Diesel79

GoldenChild

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2014
Still getting Siri constantly running in the background in battery usage even with “hey siri” turned off and hard resetting. Bummer.

Reactions: kawa636r

geneo

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2022
Still getting Siri constantly running in the background in battery usage even with “hey siri” turned off and hard resetting. Bummer.

Yeah that's a bummer. I wonder what it could be that is different? I see a lot of problems reported that I don't have. And I have Siri on too. Weird.

Reactions: GoldenChild

TimFL1

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2017
Germany
How do you check if Siri is constantly on in the background? Battery stats? Because loads of people see Siri at „100% usage“ at e.g. 3am which means effectively nothing because 100% of nothing is nothing when the phone is not being used.

It‘s like when you wake up at 2am, go „hey siri what time is it“ then that single query will show up as 100% in battery stats for 2am.

Reactions: Ansath

Jumpie

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
Atlanta
All my reported feedbacks are still at „Similar reports: None“

I’m not very surprised
Hey what I’m thinking for the next beta. We do a spreadsheet share and everyone write in their defects with feedback number and date submitted, sticky it it’s always at the top then we can compare notes and how we titled it. This way we can track them.

Populus

macrumors 603
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Hey what I’m thinking for the next beta. We do a spreadsheet share and everyone write in their defects with feedback number and date submitted, sticky it it’s always at the top then we can compare notes and how we titled it. This way we can track them.
I like your idea

Or even better, we could first share the bugs to report and try to agree to a consensus about the wording, to make it easier for them to realize that the bug is more common that it seems

Reactions: Diesel79 and geneo

Jumpie

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
Atlanta
I like your idea

Or even better, we could first share the bugs to report and try to agree to a consensus about the wording, to make it easier for them to realize that the bug is more common that it seems
I like this too but getting a consensus is kinda difficult. We can try

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
How do you check if Siri is constantly on in the background? Battery stats? Because loads of people see Siri at „100% usage“ at e.g. 3am which means effectively nothing because 100% of nothing is nothing when the phone is not being used.

It‘s like when you wake up at 2am, go „hey siri what time is it“ then that single query will show up as 100% in battery stats for 2am.
Battery Stats is the best place.

cbreze

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2014
Oregon
Got a 13 pro 2 days ago and it seems to drop the data connection every so often, both cellular and WiFi. Don’t know if it is the RC I installed or the device itself. Tweaking settings to try and find a fix. I just think I made the right tweak when it will do it again. Toggling airplane mode fixes it till the next time.
Anyone have any insight on this issue, common problem? Really liking the phone.
OK, update on my issue: Tried everything I could think of to avoid a full reset back to scratch and came up empty. So, I've gone ahead and reset the 13pro back to factory fresh. reinstalling manually, not from back up and not reinstalling any 3rd party apps yet till I check this out. Being a google fan as well I had plenty of google apps that I am leaving off at least for now.
I have a SE 2020 as well as an iPad both running the RC update and no issues with either of them. so not sure what that means but hoping the full reset fixes the issue.

Reactions: Diesel79 and dk001

kecinzer

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2015
Czech republic
The battery life on my 13 pro max is fantastic. Have you performed a complete fresh install of iOS? I know that’s the last thing most people want to do, but it may resolve your battery issues.

Sorry you’re experiencing those problems, that’s a LOT of battery drain isn’t it. I’d definitely go for a full wipe and fresh ISPW install.
Nope. I had some battery issues in past, so I did fresh clean install after 15.2 comes out, but bettery is still same.

Ready-for-Apple

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2014
Germany
You only get the hand washing reminders on the watch but it relies on the privacy settings in iOS 15 which now no longer work properly for watchos for hand washing
? "relies on the privacy settings"??
Couldn't find anything there.

The only setting for hand washing I know/found is in watch app. ;)

This works always perfect on my Apple Watch 7 (watchOS 8.3) with iPhone SE 2020 (iOS 15.2.1). ??

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
"relies on the privacy settings"??
Couldn't find anything there.

The only setting for hand washing I know/found is in watch app. ;)

This works always perfect on my Apple Watch 7 (watchOS 8.3) with iPhone SE 2020 (iOS 15.2.1).

That is exactly my point. There was a user-found workaround that would get it to show on the iPhone so you could enable “always” and precise location for that no longer works. And even though I still use that work around I never get the reminder anymore. It worked once or twice in earlier betas.

So you are saying that you get the notifications when you get home that it’s a good idea to wash your hands? Please note I am not referring to the 20 second countdown, that works perfectly for me and always has. I am explicitly referring to the location based reminder.

Kylo83

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2020
Why do the replies to posts always come out so weird the forum needs fixing my last post messed up

Ready-for-Apple

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2014
Germany
That is exactly my point. There was a user-found workaround that would get it to show on the iPhone so you could enable “always” and precise location for that no longer works. And even though I still use that work around I never get the reminder anymore. It worked once or twice in earlier betas.

So you are saying that you get the notifications when you get home that it’s a good idea to wash your hands? Please note I am not referring to the 20 second countdown, that works perfectly for me and always has. I am explicitly referring to the location based reminder.
Ah! Now it got clear.? You haven't mention before that you mean the "coming home hand washing".

I don't know if it works?‍♂️ cause I disabled "important destinations" (or what's the name in English).?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.