Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Did you upgrade you iPhone 7/Plus to IOS 15.8.2?

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

atgc2022

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 6, 2023
My iPhone 7 Plus is on IOS 15.0(19H370) which is quite good. The latest IOS version for IPhone 7 is

IOS 15.8.2(released: 20240305). I am not sure if the latest version cause heating or slowing down? Did you upgrade you iPhone 7/Plus to IOS 15.8.2? Please vote. Thx!

Reverend Benny

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2017
Europe
Its all about security updates in your case. There is many severe security flaws being fixed, especially of you are on 15.0 today.

The few I know that are running older devices that can't upgrade further are running this version and it seem to run fine.
Most of them have the iPad air 2 or iPhone 7

There are generally comparisons in terms of performance and battery time on the web. Generally the first release of a major update also contains bugs that are fixed in later releases.

You can read more about what all the updates has improved/changed here.

Not all changes and bugfixes are listed, but it still gives you an idea of what the major changes are.
Almost all of the updates has security updates, they are listed in a separate link.
Not all are severe but there are some that has a high CVE/CVSS score.

Reactions: atgc2022

winxmac

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2021
I would understand if you stayed on iOS 10.0 since that is the earliest version available for iPhone 7 series...

I don't understand why you kept it on iOS 15.0 and stayed there...

FeliApple

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2015
Its all about security updates in your case. There is many severe security flaws being fixed, especially of you are on 15.0 today.

The few I know that are running older devices that can't upgrade further are running this version and it seem to run fine.
Most of them have the iPad air 2 or iPhone 7

There are generally comparisons in terms of performance and battery time on the web. Generally the first release of a major update also contains bugs that are fixed in later releases.

You can read more about what all the updates has improved/changed here.

Not all changes and bugfixes are listed, but it still gives you an idea of what the major changes are.
Almost all of the updates has security updates, they are listed in a separate link.
Not all are severe but there are some that has a high CVE/CVSS score.
Even though updating for security reasons is the most pointless thing ever, iOS 15.0 has no benefits, like @winxmac said. Had you kept it on iOS 10 or 12 I would tell you to stay. iOS 15.0 is probably less stable than iOS 15.8.2.

However... if it works fine for you, I wouldn’t touch it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.