Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iHorseHead

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 1, 2021
Hello,
I've read somewhere that Google Authenticator won't work on iOS 15. I don't remember where I read and it's very possible that it was just a comment on MacRumors.
I was wondering if Google Authenticator will work on iOS 15? And please don't start with: "You can use another authenticator", since I can't because of my work. Some specific things use Google, some Microsoft Authenticator and some Duo etc and it's a pain to change those.

Will Google Authenticator work on iOS 15? Also, Google authenticator seems to be the best, since I can just scan a QR code and well...it just transfers everything to my new phone. I had so many issues with Microsoft Authenticator.

Ansath

macrumors demi-god
Jun 9, 2018
England
I left Google Authenticator as it wouldn’t back up to the cloud, so if I lost my phone, or it broke, or got stolen, then I’d have problems getting into those accounts.

thus moved to Microsoft Authenticator, and will be moving things to the built in Apple one in iOS 15 when it’s out to the public.

Reactions: gank41 and Samdh90

iHorseHead

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 1, 2021
I left Google Authenticator as it wouldn’t back up to the cloud, so if I lost my phone, or it broke, or got stolen, then I’d have problems getting into those accounts.

thus moved to Microsoft Authenticator, and will be moving things to the built in Apple one in iOS 15 when it’s out to the public.
Excuse me, did you read my post?

Reactions: Ricebucket
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.