Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

In iOS 15, Apple has significantly improved Siri by adding some much-anticipated features like on-device processing and support for offline requests, while also making the voice assistant more context-aware.

iOS-15-Siri-Feature.jpg

One result of Siri's increased contextual awareness is its ability to help you share whatever's on your iPhone screen with someone else via a Message, be it a website in Safari, a song in Apple Music, a photo, or just the local weather forecast.

To share something at any time, say "Hey Siri," then "Share this with [person]." Siri will spring into action and confirm your request by asking "Are you ready to send it?" At that point, you can either say yes/no, or you can add a comment to the message using the input field and then hit Send.

siri-share-ios-15.jpg

If it's something that can't be shared directly, like the weather forecast, ‌Siri‌ will take a screenshot and send that instead. All you have to do is say "Share this with [person]," and ‌Siri‌ will take the screenshot, then confirm the request with you in the same way.

siri-share-ios-15-1.jpg

The feature works with ‌Apple Music‌, Apple Podcasts, Apple News, Maps, Safari web pages, photos, Messages, and more. When iOS 15 is released in September, expect third-party apps to gain support for sharing via Siri, too.

Article Link: iOS 15: How to Share Whatever's On Your Screen Using Siri

Reactions: amartinez1660

hagar

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2008
This feature already exists for years for the Reminders app.

And as to be expected it sucks. I can’t count how many times Siri has created a Reminder titled “this” when I ask her to remind me about this. 🤦‍♂️

Awsaim

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2012
South Florida
Sharing songs with Siri has been available for a long time. I use it a lot when I’m in the car, using CarPlay. I’ll say “hey Siri, send this song to Carl” and she’ll literally message them a link to the song

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.