Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

iOSBry

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2013
Wondering the same. Being in the US I doubt there is really anything much different but all the "new stuff" for the EU may step on some other things and actually break it. This thread is not very active yet so who knows. :)
Well for me, the three 17.5 betas have been solid.

Each release has gotten better and today’s release (albeit only had it for a few hours), feels even more so.

COBRASVT

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2008
Atlanta
Anyone having issues w YouTube? Only time this has happened is after today’s update. I keep having to tap retry to view a video. This happens at the beginning and when adds play. I’ll sometimes have to click retry 30x to get the add or video to play.

Attachments

• IMG_4941.png
    IMG_4941.png
    126 KB · Views: 45

Cchase88754321

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2015
Just seen this on X so I’m gonna hold off installing public beta 3 for a day or two to see more battery life reports… beta 2 battery life has been great. Hopefully this is just an isolated case.

View attachment 2371351
Haven’t had any battery issues on my 15 Pro Max. Updated while at work. Did that around 90%. About 12 hours later I’m now putting it on the charger at around 40%

Reactions: roncron and James6s

Pearsey

Contributor
Nov 12, 2016
Royal Tunbridge Wells
Anyone having issues w YouTube? Only time this has happened is after today’s update. I keep having to tap retry to view a video. This happens at the beginning and when adds play. I’ll sometimes have to click retry 30x to get the add or video to play.

Offload the app and reinstall, see if that fixes.

Reactions: COBRASVT

COBRASVT

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2008
Atlanta
Seems to be fine this AM.

one more

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
Could be this.
B2 was an E build, B3 is an F.
Something’s given them stick.

From what I understand, a build letter is not exactly a “quality mark”, like A-F at school. It is a number of compilations before the code is deemed “good to go”. So an “F” build, compared to a “B” build just means that Apple spent more time tweaking the code, not that it is somehow worse. Basically, in a beta mid-cycle, it might actually be a good sign.

Reactions: roncron and Pearsey

one more

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
Is this beta worth a try?

What for, 17.5 update is a rather mellow one as is. I will install the public release once it is out, of course, but would not expect anything exciting from iOS 17 at this point. iOS 18, on the other hand… 😉

Reactions: roncron

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Bingo. Couldn't care less about Zollo.

Zollo does do a nice job finding / reporting on features, even minor ones. But he knows well that reporting out on battery life on the day a beta is released is nonsense. That can only be ascribed to needing clicks to tide him over on what is otherwise a ho-hum late in the cycle beta.

He just wants to keep his viewers engaged - somehow - until his peak season - the summer beta season.

COBRASVT

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2008
Atlanta
Zollo does do a nice job finding / reporting on features, even minor ones. But he knows well that reporting out on battery life on the day a beta is released is nonsense. That can only be ascribed to needing clicks to tide him over on what is otherwise a ho-hum late in the cycle beta.

He just wants to keep his viewers engaged - somehow - until his peak season - the summer beta season.
I personally believe that his battery was much worse than previous installs on day 1, so he reported.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Just seen this on X so I’m gonna hold off installing public beta 3 for a day or two to see more battery life reports… beta 2 battery life has been great. Hopefully this is just an isolated case.

View attachment 2371351

It is odd. Had my 15PM at 95% last night and this morning it is down to 63%,
Top two are Find My and Siri with no value and Find My is disabled.

I’ll charge it back up and keep an eye on it. Leaving iPad on b2.

Reactions: James6s

James6s

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2015
Cumbria, UK
It is odd. Had my 15PM at 95% last night and this morning it is down to 63%,
Top two are Find My and Siri with no value and Find My is disabled.

I’ll charge it back up and keep an eye on it. Leaving iPad on b2.

My battery is worse on this beta. 13 pro.

It’s ready and waiting but I’m holding off for the battery concerns lol 😜 not seen enough to convince me otherwise yet….

IMG_0155.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.