Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
15 ProMax

Books - used Books for the first time in a while. After 4 hours reading a novel downloaded from Bookappy, Books had use about 30% of the battery. Ouch!!

Camera - was testing oout the camera on the OnePlus 12 and took a couple of the same shot on my S24U and 15PM. The 15PM is very yellowed in comparison. First time in a while I did a comparison. One last odd thing, when I tried to upload the original 3MB photo on my iPad to this site, I am getting a “file too big” error. Had to screenshot it :(

Puppy is Black/Brown and the sheet is blue/grey.
12/24/15

Attachments

• IMG_0547.jpeg
    IMG_0547.jpeg
    380.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0548.jpeg
    IMG_0548.jpeg
    411.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0550.png
    IMG_0550.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 35

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
15 ProMax

Books - used Books for the first time in a while. After 4 hours reading a novel downloaded from Bookappy, Books had use about 30% of the battery. Ouch!!

Camera - was testing oout the camera on the OnePlus 12 and took a couple of the same shot on my S24U and 15PM. The 15PM is very yellowed in comparison. First time in a while I did a comparison. One last odd thing, when I tried to upload the original 3MB photo on my iPad to this site, I am getting a “file too big” error. Had to screenshot it :(

12/24/15

The first picture looks quite good, but I prefer the third one despite the yellow tint. I see more detail, even being just a screenshot.

Nice doggo by the way. Is it a mix between German Shepherd and Shiba Inu? Or it is just a young German Shepherd?

Reactions: dk001

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
The first picture looks quite good, but I prefer the third one despite the yellow tint. I see more detail, even being just a screenshot.

Nice doggo by the way. Is it a mix between German Shepherd and Shiba Inu? Or it is just a young German Shepherd?

Shiba 4mo old female. Her color is just like her sire - nice! Mom was a sesame.

The detail is nice but the colors are just completely off. I was very surprised as it didn’t look that way on the screen before the shot. WYS is not WYG.

Last edited:

slomtbr

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2010
Shiba 4mo old female. Her color is just like her sire - nice! Mom was a sesame.

The detail is nice but the colors are just completely off. I was very surprised as it didn’t look that way on the screen before the shot. WYS is not WYG.
It could have been assigned a different color profile without an actual conversion.

P_Watt

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2018
iPhone 12 so far no problems at all but two things I noticed since I updated my daily user phone (SE 2022) to 17.5 Public Beta 4
- Apple Music "hey Siri play Outlaw Country music"paused twice on one 60 minute walk.
- Safari crashed writing in an Apple website.
Anyone lese?
Both reported.

Battery usage by the way is great, 60 minutes of Apple Music standard resolution used only 2% of battery on the walk (cellular) according to the charge level.

Last edited:

slomtbr

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2010
Any way to prevent that?

I have taken a few more photos and am encountering the same issue in morn or eve where the lighting is reflected sunlight. Direct sun or shade I do not encounter this “yellowing”.
Not that I know of.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Any way to prevent that?

I have taken a few more photos and am encountering the same issue in morn or eve where the lighting is reflected sunlight. Direct sun or shade I do not encounter this “yellowing”.

Are these RAW or HEIF photos? If the former, I would assume that “out of the camera” are intentionally not “picture perfect”. Raw is designed to be edited. So it may be that what you are seeing is just the white balance without adjustment.

Brachaci

Contributor
Jul 27, 2014
Slovakia
HEIF on iOS.
JPEG on Android.
gwhizkids convered most of the ideas, only thing that I can think of right now is the "Photographic Style" in Settings --> Camera may by set to warm or a different preset.
Anyway, do you have by any chance someone else with 15PM to see if it got same yellowish finish to the photos?

Matrem

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2021
iPhone 12 so far no problems at all but two things I noticed since I updated my daily user phone (SE 2022) to 17.5 Public Beta 4
- Apple Music "hey Siri play Outlaw Country music"paused twice on one 60 minute walk.
- Safari crashed writing in an Apple website.
Anyone lese?
Both reported.

Battery usage by the way is great, 60 minutes of Apple Music standard resolution used only 2% of battery on the walk (cellular) according to the charge level.
Are you experiencing lags while using camera? I also have iPhone 12, and while I'm using camera app lags occur after taking a photo.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
gwhizkids convered most of the ideas, only thing that I can think of right now is the "Photographic Style" in Settings --> Camera may by set to warm or a different preset.
Anyway, do you have by any chance someone else with 15PM to see if it got same yellowish finish to the photos?

Wish I did. Closest is a 13. She is on 17.4
I did check Photographic Style and it is set Standard.

When 17.5 launches I do a ipsw install from scratch to clean out any beta stuff. See what happens there.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Turn everything on then off.
Delete the app.
Reinstall it or see if not having it does anything.

Would be what I’d do.

UPDATE:

I went ahead and uninstalled Find My, did a hard reboot and reinstalled FM.
No joy :confused:.

As of last night FM shows 6% as background activity but when you switch to minutes the value is blank.
Odd.

See what happens when I do a complete reinstall on the 17.5 release (this week?)

mngdew

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2015
California
15 ProMax

12/24/15

Apple has always had the yellow tint which I despise.

Brachaci

Contributor
Jul 27, 2014
Slovakia
Wish I did. Closest is a 13. She is on 17.4
I did check Photographic Style and it is set Standard.

When 17.5 launches I do a ipsw install from scratch to clean out any beta stuff. See what happens there.
If it won't help, maybe I can help you out. I have 15PM. It shouldn't be hard to simulate conditions for a photography. Maybe its stupid, but I am thinking white sheet of paper on a black background with no direct sunlight should be good enough hopefully, IDK.

Anyway if you want to test it, text me here and we can work something out.
Cheers 🙋‍♂️

Pearsey

Contributor
Nov 12, 2016
Royal Tunbridge Wells
UPDATE:

I went ahead and uninstalled Find My, did a hard reboot and reinstalled FM.
No joy :confused:.

As of last night FM shows 6% as background activity but when you switch to minutes the value is blank.
Odd.

See what happens when I do a complete reinstall on the 17.5 release (this week?)

Yeah that was gonna be next suggestion.

I’d be interested to see what it does if you unpair all devices and accessories. Maybe for just one night. I understands thats a pain, but what is causing the drain? Something has got to be trying to search or sync. 🤔

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
If it won't help, maybe I can help you out. I have 15PM. It shouldn't be hard to simulate conditions for a photography. Maybe its stupid, but I am thinking white sheet of paper on a black background with no direct sunlight should be good enough hopefully, IDK.

Anyway if you want to test it, text me here and we can work something out.
Cheers 🙋‍♂️

Your reply was interesting and so I decided to do a quick little test - set of tests.
White printer paper on a black cloth.
1 - in a dark room using just the device flash
2 - Same room with an overhead cool fluorescent light
3 - Same room with indirect sunlight - once again this site said file too big to upload - used screenshot
4 - Outside with indirect sunlight, actual direct sunlight about 2 feet away. Site says too big - screenshot
5 - Direct sunlight. Site says too big - screenshot.

Interestingly all the shots involving sunlight this site says too big to load. Yet all are 3MB or under in size. HEIF in Standard.

Same shots using the OnePlus 12 and Galaxy S24 Ultra all show white on black. To my eye, on my iPad Pro, MBP, and lastly on my Galaxy 3 Pro, excluding the direct sun shot, all 15PM shots exhibit some aspect of yellow.

All 15PM shots used the Main Camera.

Appreciate the offer however I think I will see what the 17.5 actual shows. If I have the same issue I’ll likely take you up on your off. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_5736.jpeg
    IMG_5736.jpeg
    375.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5737.jpeg
    IMG_5737.jpeg
    334.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0560.png
    IMG_0560.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0562.png
    IMG_0562.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0563.png
    IMG_0563.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 18
Reactions: Brachaci

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Yeah that was gonna be next suggestion.

I’d be interested to see what it does if you unpair all devices and accessories. Maybe for just one night. I understands thats a pain, but what is causing the drain? Something has got to be trying to search or sync. 🤔

If 17.5 actual doesn’t fix this, that will be my next step. 😵

Reactions: Pearsey

Matrem

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2021
Does iOS 17.5 finally fix bug which causes iPhone camer to lag after taking a photo? I'm experiencing this bug since I updated to iOS 17.5, I have iPhone 12

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.