IOS 4.0.1 jailbroken, need to restore

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by chaudhary, Apr 28, 2011.

1. chaudhary macrumors newbie

hi guys,
    i used jailbreakme on my 4.0.1 and was using it for 5-6 months. today i used clear settings option before selling this iphone and it went non responsive. on reset goes get stuck on apple logo.

i tried reinstalling IOS using shift button and providing 4.0.1 rom but it fails after uncompressing. used recboot and miniumbrella to kick it out of restore mode but of no avail.

I'm quite sure that i stored by SHSH files on cydia while jail breaking and now had put
    74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com
    in host file but of no avail.

can someone please help me in this regards.

thanks in advance.

2. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Why did you clear the phone? What did you think it was going to do? Did you really think you'd be able to keep the JB? :rolleyes:

Do you need to keep it unlockable? If not, restore to the latest iOS and JB. Use iclarified's tutorials or google.
    I use tiny umbrella instead of editing the host file, so I don't know how you're screwing it up.

3. chaudhary thread starter macrumors newbie

hi, thanks for your response.

It was a mistake, didn't know that it will not remain JB after clearing settings.

yes, need to keep it unlocked otherwise like you said, can upgrade to the latest firmware.

btw, would it be possible to upgrade to latest 4.3.2, and restore to some earlier version without the blobs...? a bit silly question for experts... but i'm new in this world of iphone!!!

cheers

4. sbddude macrumors 6502a

To preserve the baseband you need to make custom firmware.