iOS 4.0 to Pwned 4.0

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by csjo00, Sep 16, 2010.

1. csjo00 macrumors regular

Long story short, I decided to "live on the edge" and try to jailbreak 4.1 with the an unofficial Pwnagetool and it didn't work.

So I successfully downgraded from 4.1 to 4.0 and I'd like to get it jailbroken with Pwnagetool. I have a custom 4.0 firmware and everytime I try to restore to the custom firmware I get an error (1604, maybe) and it just throws me out.

If you haven't figured out already, I have a 3GS with old bootrom..

I figure I'm just missing something that is right in front of my face.
    So.. Any and all help will be appreciated.

2. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Myzhi

To use pwnagetool = custom firmware, your phone needs to be already pwned = accepts unsigned code. The last JB the pwned a 3GS iPhone was 3.1.2. Thus, you need to downgrade to at least 3.1.2, JB with Redsn0w, and then, you can start to restoring using custom firmwares.

3. csjo00 thread starter macrumors regular

Lovely. I don't have SHSH for 3.1.2. ... I do have it for 3.1.3 .. Looks like I have to go find that Spirit2Pwn deb file..

Edit: Looks like spirit doesn't work with iTunes 10... So I used jailbreakme.. Hopefully when they release the new 4.1 jailbreak it won't be userland and someone releases a patch like Spirit2Pwn

4. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

If the 4.1 jailbreak is not userland (i.e., if it uses a bootrom exploit), then it will not be necessary to have a Spirit2Pwn-like patch. Presumably any such jailbreak would patch out the signature check for pwned firmware.