iOS 4.0...What exactly did it do for me on a 3G?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Patryk R32, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Patryk R32 macrumors newbie

I really don't notice too much of a difference on my 3G. It seems a little bit faster. Only thing i been able to do so far is to create folders....

What else is the 3G capable of?

2. Patryk R32 thread starter macrumors newbie

I knew no multi tasking

but no backround??? WTF

what about ibooks? I don't have an icon for that either...

What exactly did it change?

BTW im getting an iPhone 4 on Thursday so im not too worried, but am just wondering what the changes were :apple:

3. ksabek macrumors member

they are some small changes....it became a bit faster..u can get ibooks from the app store...photos app has changed there are places and events...u can zoom digitally in the camera...some small changes in ipod also u can control the volume when using bluetooth speakers...and a combined inbox in email

4. GodWhomIsMike macrumors 6502a

So, I am looking at a 2-3 hour upgrade for some simple little changes? Lame.

5. w7ox macrumors member

iBooks is a free download at the App store, not a part of OS4.

Phil

6. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

SIMPLE changes? Obviously you're just looking to complain. Otherwise, you'd be reading up on this and realizing that there's more to iOS4 than wallpapers and multitasking.

enjoy... http://www.tipb.com/2010/06/14/ios-4-walkthrough/

7. w7ox macrumors member

My upgrade took all of 25 minutes, including the download. But that was with a 3GS, which might go a tad faster.

Phil

8. jazzxs macrumors newbie

You also have zoom on your camera but what was so difficult for apple to let 3G change their background?

9. Zimmy68 macrumors 65816

Zimmy68

True, but OS4 is required to run it.

10. GodWhomIsMike macrumors 6502a

One hour and ten minutes since I started the upgrade, and it's barely 10% of the way though backing up. I am doing this on a 2.16 Ghz White Macbook with 2GB of ram, and a 320GB hard drive. I feel like I took a trip back to the late 90s, when major computer tasks and downloads had to run overnight and sometimes to the next evening.

11. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

I really do feel bad for you, but the problem is not iOS4, it's iPhone OS 3. Backing up on that sucker took forever even for my 3GS (my gf's 3G was PAINFUL lol).

power thru it, you can do it! it's pretty nice on the other side :)
    you can try what others have done before and do a manual backup (right-click on iPhone in your iTunes and click Backup) and then continue with your upgrade without doing the backup.