iOS 4.1 Beta 3... Does it Still Have The Proximity Sensor Issues?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by falconman515, Aug 3, 2010.

1. falconman515 macrumors 6502a

falconman515

If you had the PS issue prior to 4.1 Beta3 can we get feedback from those who had that issue and have since updated their firmware to beta3 and let us all know if you are still have the PS issue?

2. galenmd macrumors regular

I would love an answer to this. I haven't seen anyone really discuss Beta 3 yet.

3. falconman515 thread starter macrumors 6502a

falconman515

Ya thats why I Posted this cause I know TONS of guys on here have the 4.1 Beta3 installed and I'm sure alot of em have the proximity sensor issue.

Can anyone who has the issue and has recently installed Beta3 verify if the new beta still doesnt fix the PS issue?

Thanks

4. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

Now we wait for them to share.

5. southerndoc macrumors 65816

southerndoc

I've been told by a developer friend that it's fixed. He said it extended the range the sensor uses to turn off the screen.

6. Statusnone88 macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

We can only hope so. As I've stated before, I think if Apple had a definite 100% fix for the issue they'd be screaming it from the rooftops.

7. fasttimes macrumors newbie

I have beta 3 and sadly can report it does NOT fix the sensor issue. Not. One. Bit.

8. duckmanjbr macrumors newbie

oh yeaaa!! My PDF exploit is fixed if I really don't like my jailbroke phone but what good is that when I can't make a stable call without dialing someone else or hitting other keys w/ my face!

Get on it Apple! You're slippin!

9. creeman macrumors 6502

Although Apple may be able to make the problem more bearable, I dont think they will actually be able to fix it all the way, since I am guessing it is more of a hardware issue than anything. On my 3GS it seemed to work fine, but on my 4 I accidentally press mute all the time.

10. PlayHard macrumors member

I'm betting you are right. If they can push out the Pdf exploit fix quickly but not the sensor fix there must be a good reason. I'm wondering if it can be fully fixed.

11. WilliamG macrumors 604

Really? You registered on MR just to post in three different threads that the proximity sensor issue isn't fixed?

Troll, by any chance?

12. ArmCortexA8 macrumors 6502a

I have the Australian iPhone 4 32GB Black with 4.0.1 and there are no proximity sensor issues at all and Ive done a lot of tests - make a call and put finger over sensor - and all is fine.

13. WilliamG macrumors 604

Not helpful. Thanks, though. :)

14. PaulNY macrumors member

I had notorious issues with 4.0, 4.1B1, B2, installed B3 and the issues seem to have dissipated.

I've only had one incident when I put the call on hold...but with earlier beta's a and stock 4.0, It'd initiate facetime, mute the call, hold it, three way call, or just straight up hang up the call...so I'd say B3 is a definite improvement

15. fasttimes macrumors newbie

Yeah I registered to post that the proximity sensor thread isn't fixed in these updates to let others know that this is indeed an issue so they can make an informed decision about whether to return their phone.

Now quit being a douchebag.

16. fasttimes macrumors newbie

I'm still geting all of those issues on B3. I'm not sure if the same frequency but it still happens on at least 70% of my calls.