iOS 4.1 deleted the iPod icon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FrauHasSpoken, Sep 8, 2010.

1. FrauHasSpoken macrumors member

Where'd it go???

I can still play music via Voice Control but the icon is no where to be found!!!

Did Steve Jobs eat it?

What do I do?

2. PhazonUK macrumors 6502

3. adztaylor macrumors 68000

4. Richie2000 macrumors 6502

Richie2000

Mine didn't disappear but the Game Center icon bumped it from the bottom right of the first home screen on to a newly created second page all on it's own.

5. jallenclark macrumors regular

ditto

6. adztaylor macrumors 68000

Same.

7. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Over the weekend when I updated my old iPhone 3G with 4.1 GM, the Safari icon got placed on the 5th (I had 4 pages of apps, so it created a 5th just for Safari), strange bug. But nothing happened when I updated my iPhone 4.

8. vibeknight macrumors newbie

My iPod icon has disappeared as well, but I assume the use of 5 icon dock in cydia is what caused it.

I did a complete restore, updated to 4.1, waited for everything to sync from my last backup, and the iPod icon was gone. I can still get to it through the multitask bar, the search menu, or voice activation, but the main icon itself is gone.

I'll probably do a complete wipe and try it again.

I had been using the 5 icon dock for the 5 features i use most on the iPhone.
    Phone
    SMS
    Safari
    Mail
    iPod
    (in that order on the dock)

I had a feeling this might happen and moved the phone icon out of the 5 icon dock before i did the final backup/restore/upgrade, but the icon still disappeared, so I'm not quite sure if the previous jailbreak or 4.1 is responsible.

9. DaveTo macrumors member

'Reset Home Screen Layout' in the reset menu.

10. vibeknight macrumors newbie

Of course, I feel like an idiot for not thinking of that myself. I'm glad I didn't sit around waiting for it to reset/wipe again. Thanks!