iOS 4.1 - Find my iPhone now obsolete

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Dhelsdon, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

Now that iOS 4.2 is out, I've been struggling with trying to setup 'Find my iPhone'. Just now realized that it's basically become obsolete due to the fact that Apple won't allow me to use a free account unless I am running 4.2

My iPhone is running 4.1 with GreenPois0n, is there any alternative or 'workaround' to get Find my iPhone working on 4.1?

2. derek420 macrumors member

If you have a MobileMe account you don't need to be on 4.2

Otherwise, not that I've heard of.

3. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

You can set up the free account on someone else's iPhone 4 w/ 4.2 - that's how people without an iPhone 4 were doing it.

4. Dhelsdon thread starter macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Weird, whenever I add my mobilme account it says something about the mail server and when I try to login on the app it says I still need to activate my account. Is there another way I can do this without using another iP4?

Edit: Could someone using 4.2 set up a free account with a temp password for me?

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, even if someone sets it up for you you will not be able to install the free mobile me account without 4.2.1 or higher firmware installed.
    You're stuck waiting like everyone else.