iOS 4.1 for 3G S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fluffer, Jul 22, 2010.

1. fluffer macrumors member

Is it worth or necessary for me to upgrade my 3 G S to the latest, given that it was specifically released for iP4?

2. Sebby macrumors 6502a

The 3G and 3GS have the same signal misreporting issue.

3. Mike84 macrumors 6502a

4. LuvIphone macrumors member

I wouldn't upgrade if you have 3.1.2 or 3.13 for the 3Gs and if you have a 3G never upgrade to 4.0 because it will slow down your iphone 3G even more than it already is with 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 If you already downloaded 4.0 like I did a real dumbass move on my part thinking 4.0 would be better on my 3GS which it isn't. I now have signal issues I didn't have before and dropped calls and Internet. do not download 4.0.1 or whatever the hell it is either, it's a fix from 4.0??? Yeah whatever. Going back to 3.1.3 would be the true fix but apple won't let you. Won't let you choose which program you have on your iPhone that you bought and own and that works best for you. Very good company!!! Top notch support. I'm sure downloading the 4.0.1 latest version will cause you some kind of grief on your 3GS so stay away from it. If you have 3.1.3 or older be thankful and keep it . I deleted iTunes off my computer to. Another good move.

5. wineandcarbs macrumors 6502a

I have 4.0 on my 3GS (it's the 8gb 3GS so it had it on it when I purchased it) and did not bother upgrading to 4.0.1.

6. LuvIphone macrumors member

After 3.1.3 things got a little dumb. The way you hold your phone and Apple trying to wiggle away from problem but class action suit came through, the bars on phone not being accurate and now need an upgraded OS already and got 4.0.1 for fix lol...suppose to be a fix anyway,could be or not be. Each time you upgrade to a newer OS on IPhone it gets harder and harder to unlock your phone and have your freedom taken away and controlled by Apple. People are paying enough for Att service and iPhone app purchases. Hell we pay enough for the phone itself... And we can't choose which OS works best for our 3G and 3GS with the option of going back to the original OS our older phones came with. Apple got off lucky with this class action suit. Apple provide free bumpers to iPhone 4 users or refund if they purchased a bumper. Apple should be held accountable for all the other shady crap.